DJ360

How's your day?

Has this happened to you previously, Col?  Thinking of you x

I wouldn't know what was a high or low number in that situation, but I hope you'll soon be back to tell us how it turned out.

Take care DJ., thinking of you. Hope all turns out well.

In hospital. Waiting for results.

Bpm back up a bit. Lousy signal.

I’ve been chatting to Col on Fb Messenger and he says it’s probably OK to tell you he’s improving as his heart rate has now stabilised - it had been varying between 20 and 100 beats/ minute.  He’s awaiting the results of the blood test to see if he had had a heart attack.

He is by himself as no -one else is allowed in .... COVID precautions I presume.   Don’t know whether he’ll be kept in overnight to be monitored.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thinking of you Col, hope you get sorted and out of there quickly. 

Hope you are OK Col  

Good Luck

Greetings all and thanks for the good wishes. Got home about 30 minutes ago so having a cuppa then off to bed.

Actually my BPM didn't go as low as 20..that would have been really  scary.  That was a typo but I was having trouble getting a signal in the hospital.  What happened was my heart rate went very low and I felt very weird.   Lowest was about 30 bpm but it was around 40 for a long time. I went for  short walk to see if I could 'wake it up' but it made no difference and was very tiring.  It was still running slow when the ambulance arrived and they also spotted lots of 'missed beats'

or 'ectopics' and 'bigeminy'.

In hospital I was wired up etc and blood tests taken. ECG showed 'bigeminy' and 'quadrigeminy' at times.  By Jiminy!!!

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/quadrigeminy

After several hours things settled down to a better BPM with no treatment and they sent me home.

I'm to have another of those 24 hour heart recordings and am on strict instructions to seek help if it happens again.

Nothing more to say really except thanks to Margie for acting as messenger and for her re-assurance. And thanks to all. :)

• Like 9

I am having to look up a few of the words DJ, but thankfully you are in good hands. Hope you don't have any more of these scary episodes, I know myself how frightening it is when the heart throws a wobbly. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.X

• Like 1

DJ glad to hear you are ok , it must have been very worrying but now you're home stay calm and listen to som relaxing music. Be careful.

• Like 1

Glad to hear your improving Col. That'll teach you to mess with spiders! Take care mate.

• Like 1

Take it easy Col........get yesen right my friend......

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Jack Lizzie,,, i love Dogs as much as Cats.........had my last Dog when i lived in Peterborough 40 years ago,,,my ex gave him away whilst i was away.........she followed soon after........

• Like 3

Glad you're OK Col...

The link tells us what it is not what causes it so I looked it up.

Aside from the usual there is:

. Alcohol

. Caffeine

. Cocaine

, Methamphetamines

. Nicotine

Is there summat you're not telling us?    :Shock:

• Like 3

Glad to hear you're doing better, Col.  Maybe you need to take on Brew on the politics thread.  That should rev it up again.     ;)

• Like 1

I think I am having a bad day, SWMBO tells me I am not, early this year I purchased 18 various Dianthus for a small border on top of  a low rockery, they flowered extremely well. The wife has enjoyed ? dead heading them , she told me that she started doing them again today but seeing there was not many flowers left on them she dug them all out.

Well so much for them flowering next  year, her reply well she had also pulled out most of those white weeds for me.  Thank you very much, so I then went indoors, those white weeds were the Cyclamen growing out of the rockery, at least they will carry on growing. The wife enjoys working in the garden and helps me so much, so I must not complain.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2