How's your day?

Bless you benj. Hope the nurses ease your agony. I'm having similar problems recently so I understand your suffering, even a bed sheet can cause pain. I wont ask what has to be done, just the thought is enough to make me run for the hills! Take care Miduck.:shout:

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

It's not often I put personal stuff on here so here goes, a few years ago I found a woman daft enough who would marry me , some of you have met Margaret at some of the meet ups and yesterday was the d

Posted Images

Thinking of you Ben.  Keep those nurses in line.  ;)

Sitting here in a bloomin' 'urricane.  Wind woke me up at 4.30 am.  Dogs were fretting about it so I gorrup and made us a cup of tea in case the power went out.  Now 7 am so we made breakfast.  Fortunately the lights have stayed on thus far.  Wind seems to have dropped a bit.  We are hoping we just caught the edge of it.

• Like 1

Carni you've inspired me. I've just been given a dozen freshly laid eggs and I was wondering what to do with them as I already have a dozen in the egg basket. Pity I didn't know yesterday, my husband brought in nearly 4 kg of mincemeat. 1 kg went into making meatballs and the rest I made Chili con carne. Sorting out my cupboard where I keep pasta I noticed a couple of those little flys  so out it all came and I threw away the opened pack. The others are large pasta shapes and I have in the freezer loads of ragu so now I'm cooking some of the pasta to make pasta al forno. Busy busy busy....but it keeps me out of mischief. Later I shall probably end up making arancini. My husband wants to make them as an extra during this mini lockdown but he's just rung me to say he hasn't got the patience. I like making them so...tell you later.

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Mary did Paul and his dad used to be on David lane basford.?. it sounds like the same set up, dad paper work and Paul mechanic. I ask because mum always took her car there as it was recommended by a friend and she was always pleased with them and nothing was too much trouble for them. 

Not sure Nonna but it does sound very much like it. Pauls dad passed away end of last year and since they Paul never seems to have time to natter to you, he seems has though he has taken a back seat.

Thanks for all your comments,,I'm back,very quick and efficient,, just gave me prescription for pain,,got to see doc and arrange to have nail off,,being a coward dreading it,,but ey ho lay back and think of England,, 

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Loppy, we haven't had a hurricane but we did have a couple of power cuts during the night.

Can't be much worse than here, Nonna.  Seems like if somebody eats too many beans here they blow a power line down.   :biggrin:

Edited to add.....Now 8 am and the worst of it seems to have passed.  It was a fast mover.   Think I'm gonna go out and get me fur trimmed.  Be ready for me birthday.

• Like 1

An anecdote for yus Ben. About three years ago, I had to go to Newhaven clinic to have wedge re-sections on the three middle toes on my left foot. The ingrowers were on both sides of the toes, so it was a split down both sides. The worse thing was the two injections on each for !! the was sheer agony. Fortunately, it didn't last too long before the anesthetic took effect. Was able to walk out, wearing a cut out slipper. A friend took me down, but I was able to drive myself three days later, for a dressing change. About nine months later, whilst having a shower, all three nails fell off !! Nothing at the sides to hold them on. All this time later and the nails have started to regrow, but they are still tiny. End of ingrowers though !

• Like 2

Thanks for that, Beekay.  Fortunately, I don't suffer from ingrowing toenails but if I did, you've just put me off seeking treatment.

You see, the best way to deal with me is by tranquilizer dart, when I'm not aware that it's coming!

I'm a 5 star, genuine, copper bottomed coward! :wacko:

• Like 2

"Oh goodness gracious me." :biggrin:

The above was what I was about to post for Jill when my power went off.  Finally back on after three hours.  Judging by the amount of deadfall in my back yard I'd guess a tree probably fell on a line somewhere.  Sun is shining now but it was nasty while it lasted.

Didn't get me fur trimmed I figured the power was probably off at the barbershop.  Have to go tomorrow now.

• Like 1

This is what ive been doing in the last few days.

7-AA56965-AF98-4559-9182-0-A3-B8773-CA8-

And hurt my hands in the process.

7-AA56965-AF98-4559-9182-0-A3-B8773-CA8-

I must have made about 70.

Just walked to the bus stop, forgot me bleddy mask, sharing Mrs Reds!

The good they've done I can't believe we are still wearing the buggers :ph34r:

@radfordred You can’t imply that the wearing of masks is useless.... it’s the thoughtless people who  pretend there’s no problem and won’t follow ANY guidelines that are to blame for the increasing infection rate! 

What kind of maggot did you use to make me bite btw?   

On taking Kai out this morning I was glad I found my hat yesterday, frost on the ground and a nip in the air but a good day for walking. 
There were loads of squirrels dashing around (Panic burying of acorns before lockdown I wonder) but not many people about (well it was only half seven) just fat Harry (Labrador) and his owner. Fat Harry is a bit of a character, he willl suddenly sit down and his owner has to wait until he is ready to walk again or pull him along on his rear end.

Anyway I digress. Kai was busy snuffling around in the fallen leaves behind me when a fox suddenly peered around a tree in front of me, don’t know who was more surprised me or him. Luckily Kai hadn’t seen him so I was able to get him on the lead just before the head appeared again. I made a Kai sit and stood still and the fox then ambled quite nonchalantly (spelling?) across the path in front of us. I am presuming it was a male as he was quite large and had a magnificent tail (is it called a brush not sure). I must say it made my day they are such beautiful creatures although I know some probably wouldn’t agree.

• Like 5

I'd agree, SG. Love foxes. One comes into my garden but you have to be about very early.

Fat Harry sounds lovely.  A friend of mine lost her Labrador recently, aged 14 and a half which I think is quite a good age for the breed. She was a retired guide dog. Their working lives are quite short and this one had a very good retirement home, being much loved.

• Like 1

Sounds like Fat Harry is carrying too much weight which makes his poor old legs ache.  I see too many overweight dogs whose owners are killing them with kindness.  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Sounds like Fat Harry is carrying too much weight which makes his poor old legs ache.  I see too many overweight dogs whose owners are killing them with kindness.  

The only time I fall out with my SiL is when  I see her dog. It's a collie, beautiful dog, lovely temperement but she is killing it with kindess. Her last dog died massivlety over weight and this one, at 2 years old is already twice what the vet says it should be. Never goes for walks and not allowed to play on the grounds "she don't like it", stupid woman...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1