DJ360

How's your day?

Was he a child bridegroom?  My dad would have been 96 on 15 November. He was older than your dad!

58 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

'''come on baby and be my guest' we'll have some dancing and the rest......GO  Carnie  ........

Aw Miducks,

Wish I could get up and Go, sorry to be mardy miducks but this ere virus has knocked us for six. I will give you a singsong when I can stay awake for long enough.xxx:sleeping:

• Like 8

BORN 1924.......Married ....1944............bless him............where did your Dad live and go to school Jill ?

My dad was born at 21 Church Street, Beeston. The house no longer exists.

Attended Church Street Schools and Beeston Fields. Conscripted into the Royal Navy on his 18th birthday.  Married in 1949.  Passed on in 2006.  His philosophy was, basically, that a sense of humour was vital if you were to survive because, "Life is a joke. The trouble is, the joke is on us!"

:P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

All the good ones were born in November, Ben!

You're right Jill it my daughters birthday today(50) . We celebrated Monday with pink Prosecco and a special meal.Tonight we had a video call with my son and the children or rather 2 of them , the other one being in isolation alone. My birthday is also November, 2 nephews too , a cousin was born on my 21 st. A friends mother, 3 distant friends. It seems that there's one every couple of days

Happy Birthday to your daughter Nonna !  

Today we went for a walk around Hod Hill, Stourpaine near Blandford Forum.  It’s the site of a large Iron Age settlement that fell to the Romans soon after they arrived on our shores.  They then had 700 men and 250 horses garrisoned on the site but there were only a few cows grazing there today.  It was a difficult trek up a very steep hill to the fort and then  struggling through thick gloopy mud in places alongside the River Stour.  Well all was ok until I tried to avoid the mud by walking up and along a bank, tripped over a root and landed heavily on my right hip and shoulder in the mud!   Don’t think anything’s broken because I walked another mile back to the car but it’s arf sore this evening.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Happy Birthday to your daughter Nonna !  

Deborah says Thankyou Lizzie. 

I bet you're sore Lizzie , any sort of fall shakes you up. At least it seems you landed softly. Hope the pain soon goes and next time on your adventurous walks be careful.

29 minutes ago, MelissaJKelly said:

Happy birthday to your daughter. My sister and eldest nephew also have birthdays in November!

Will pass it on Melissa, thankyou.

Deborah says Thankyou too . She said she didn't expect it from someone she didn't know but was pleased.

Cheer up Lizzie, it will stop hurting when the pain goes... :yahoo:

Sorry about your fall, Lizzie.  Did anyone apart from R see it?  Sometimes it’s the indignity that is the worst thing.... 

but seriously, I hope the discomfort won’t keep you awake tonight xx

Sorry about the fall Lizzie.  you'll probably ache a bit for a day or two.  Glad it was no worse.  Take it easy for a while.

4 hours ago, LizzieM said:

tripped over a root and landed heavily on my right hip and shoulder in the mud! 

Sounds like bog snorkeling could be your next outdoor pursuit.

Something from Scotland will make the pain go away if it doesn't drink some more.

Take care, the bruises will fade.

Hope the fall didn't do too much damage Lizzie. I know from personal experience that a fall at 'a certain age' can be a real shock.

I must say I've had a couple of falls myself in the last couple of years and I found that I don't bounce anything like I did as a kid.  Back then, going over the handlebars of a bike at 20mph onto a tarmac road seemed like an occupational hazard and never bothered me. I doubt I could propel a bike up to 20 mph now...:biggrin:

Thanks for your sympathetic comments.  Disappointingly I can’t find any bruises but I’ve got a few aching bits so I can do a bit of limping to (maybe) get sympathy at home.  Won’t be walking far today, the intention is to do a bit of painting (decorating) but I’m not very enthusiastic.  

You’ll be alright once you start, Lizzie.  I’m like that when I’m just thinking what I have to do!

• Upvote 1

That's the second ton and a half of rocks loaded up and taken away. Took the other half of rocks up to one of our fishing pools to plug a leak. This afternoon spent pick axing roots of Yew tree. It will take at least 2 more days but it's the sort of work that I enjoy. Just sitting behind a nice Bourbon at the mo. :happy:

• Upvote 2

A few days agoI hurt my wrist again putting the dog down after grooming her.. The movement twisted my wrist and I heard a crack. The pain was unbelievable. I strapped it up with all the things that I had for my wrist hoping to perform wonders. This was Friday ( no Drs) since I've kept it strapped up then with everything that's happened I've put up with it. Strangely it doesn't hurt until I take the strapping off. I'm just hoping it will heal on its own like it did almost like last time. 

I must have missed the post about your fall Lizzie. Hope that you're not in too much pain! Hope your wrist feels better soon also Nonna

• Upvote 1

Thanks Melissa.  
I found some energy and enthusiasm and I managed to finish painting a bathroom, feeling pleased with my efforts.  I’m now looking for something else to tart up!   Tomorrow looks to be a nice day, albeit a bit nippy, so we’ll probably go for another decent walk, hopefully not too far though, in case my sore bits hurt ;)

Look after that wrist Nonna, give it time to heal 

Gadding about again,,this time Queens medical,,sat waiting to see my lovely Speech consultant/therapist Bridie,,been having some problems but she will sort me out i know,,

Feel free to delete if not allowed and some of you I have on Facebook may already have seen this but the local Nottingham company I work for have launched an online website that customers can purchase through. They have kindly given us staff a discount code to use and share with friends and family which I'm posting here incase anyone needs any last minute Christmas gift ideas!

https://ttkconfectionery.co.uk/

Code is MELISSA10

And free delivery over £20 

• Like 1

Melissa, offering chocolate on here will probably go down vey well :)   

Make sure you can cope with the rush.

• Like 1