• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Busy week and very busy day. A while ago we decided to change everything, well practically everything in the house. We changed the kitchen and changed the colour of the doors. Then we chose some new settees and thought the existing furniture in the lounge wouldn't go with them so everything must go. The furniture is in very good condition but I've got fed up with it after almost 35 years. So new furniture is being chosen when we can. The settees are arriving this afternoon, but we need to redecorate everywhere so hoping that the chap who usually does it can come and do it providing he's in the same zone as us. ( restrictions) We already ordered some more furniture for our bedroom and are waiting for a final delivery date.

Once you start you don't know when to finish because then the hallway although small needs a bit of work doing too.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

I don't remember doing this, but you obviously passed the test.

That was clever.. I wondered for a second what you were on about CT. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Let's hear some growling and howling, Loppy. You've been missed.

Thanks.  Let's start with some growling.  I'm not happy with Invision, as many of us aren't.  Not too happy with computer/tablet manufacturers who design obsolescence (spelling) into their products.  Apple Ipad was not only having issues with NS.  It recently notified me it could not update firefox.  That was pretty much the last straw.

So I did my research and ended up buying the Samsung.  It has lots of memory and a bigger screen which is good for this tired old dog.  I've got it working ok as far as web access etc. is concerned but will have a lot of files to transfer in the coming days while learning it's Android operating system.

I liked the Ipad.  It worked well while it lasted but Apple products seem a bit overpriced to me for what they are.

The Samsung was  a steal from Amazon considering the amount of memory etc.  16 gig + a 64gig SD card.

Happier note I should still be able to use the Ipad for a few things.

Hows my day? well its not just the day it's the whole ******* week. I am sure that i don;t have any hair left on my head. 

Here goe's   

order a new garden box (large to get sunbeds in )  from Amazon. If ever we get a parcel I tell master to undue it carefuly in case it has to go back.  Well it arrived carried by one person it only weigh 28 kg on arriving we undid the box then for some reson only known to man we cut up the box for the dust-bin. when we looked at the garden box it had been broken in quite a few places. On the phone to Amazon don't worry said A i will give you a refund, i don;t want a refund will you reorder it please? and send e-mail to confirm. A said we will not bring the other till we recieve that one back, we were told we had to ger a courier pay them and retun it, we would be rembursed for the trouble. Just a min we don't have a box to send it back in, phoned A again could we have the other one deliverd and use that box to send it back in, no probs said A. a few days later A sent message box no longer availble so will send you a refund onl when we have it other one back. So looked on sites for a very,very lsrge box, also getting prices from couriers, well it would cost more to send back than what i had paid for it. Had another e-mail from A box now in stock, phone again just to get this straight has my box been cancelled and we are getting our money back or are you sending another box?  A we will be sending another box but get in touch with us if you have not heard any thing. Contacted A 2 days later no box in wear- house will refund money (when we get other one back) which still had not got a box. So looked on Argos site just the same box was being sold, so as A was going to refund our money I orderd it from Argos due to come Monday, plus it would be in a box, still had problems finding a courier DYP who had brought it would not take it back as it was to big, Phoned A again what are we surposed to do. A aranged for a couier to pick it up Tuesday, this would give us time to repack it in the argos box,  PHREWWWW problem solved or so we thought !!!!! e-mail just to let you know your box is out for delivery and will arrive Sat 6 th March, I DON'T BELIVE IT!!!  Saturday box deliverd took it out of cardboard gentley as this box was needed to send other back.  OPPs what about Argos they are bringing another one Mon?  The box that was cancelled , then it was deliverd was also in bits  (I'm losing the will to live)  Packed it back in the box phoned A and told them that there will be two items/boxes going back Tuesday.  Guess what Amazon have given us £20 for our trouble but it is in Amazon vouchers,,  Lets hope when the box comes from Argos it is not   broken.

REQUEST TO MEMBERS HAS ANYONE GOT A LARGE CARBOARD BOX HANGING AROUND THAT THEY DONT WANT?

Too complicated to follow Mary but why didn't you accept the refund. Wait a few days then order another. I recently had an issue with Amazon. I ordered a wall dispenser for foil, greaseproof paper and cling film. Didn't arrive but on follow pack it came up as being delivered . "Have you looked everywhere?" Yes it's not here. "Have you looked on a wall behind gate or elsewhere?" Yes It's not here and its not been delivered. " ok we'll give you a refund.

A while ago received a message from my daughter who had heard from the local agroturismo that a neighbour of theirs had received a parcel and thinking it was a gift from her daughter had opened it. Thinking about my daughter had phoned her and asked if she knew who had been ordered it. So I went to collect it by this time I had received the refund. Unbelievable.

It was delivered quite a few km from where we live. The other day a pack also wasn't delivered as promised. It arrived the day after after going to  Via Valle instead of Strada Valle. This is always a problem with 2 streets/ roads with the same name. 

• Like 1

Yet another two examples of why I never use Amazon. And wouldn't touch ebay with a barge pole.

I use Amazon a lot.  Only one item..some Carrot Seeds from what turned out to be a Chinese scammer, never arrived. Couple of quid.  Everything else..CDs, Books, Booze, assorted spare parts etc..etc.. has always arrived, and pretty much on time.

I can't say the same for the Post Office. One day I found a card through my door claiming 'unable to deliver'. I immediately called the local Depot and said that  there had been four people up and about in the house since 07:00 and no reason other than impatience, not to deliver.  Lady I spoke to told me the chap responsible was just walking back into the depot, whereupon she turned him around and sent him the 7 miles back here to deliver.  Result!

Another time, some courier claimed to have tried to deliver and left a card. I'm pretty sure they didn't spot that I live in a cul de sac and had just followed the approach around the natural flow of the road and tried to deliver to same number..different street.  This was serious as it was a £1200 audio amplifier I'd ordered for a customer.  Took me a couple of days to track it down to a depot a few miles away..where it was just lying in a corner.  The only person there was some sort of caretaker, but I showed him proof of my address and he let me walk out with it.

As for eBay.  Haven't used it for a while but..  I had a posh Linn Tonearm (for a record player) that I wasn't using.  I paid £300 cash for it second hand around 1993. That was about half of retail price. 20 or so years later the thing was no longer in production but very sought after with the nearest equivalent up to around £2000. Still.. no dealer would offer more than £400.  I had no box for the arm and anything is more saleable in original packaging, so I bought a new box, from Linn Products, for £40.  I then put up a detailed description and numerous photos of the arm from all angles, to show that typically damaged areas were still pristine on this example.  It sold for a  little under £900. Another result!

Finally, I sold a TEAC P-30 CD transport on eBay.  Original retail for this thing was £2500 in the 90s.  All it did was read the CD and put out a digital datastream which still needed to go through a separate 'DAC' in order to play music. But it was built like a brick shed and something of an audio legend.  I'd bought it second hand for £750.  I sold it on 10+ years later on eBay for over £800.  It was working perfectly when it left me, but the purchaser claimed it wasn't working when received.  Normally I would have said send it back and I'll refund you, but I smelled a rat and asked him 'What have you tried?  He told me he'd had the lid off the thing see if he could find the 'fault'. ( A fatal error)  Meanwhile others in the audio game warned me that he was most probably looking to swap a working mechanism from my TEAC into a faulty TEAC of his own and send me back the 'duffer'.  A known scam because parts no longer available.

But, I had him because he'd disassembled the machine, therefore I could claim it was likely he'd broken it, even though I couldn't accuse him of trying to pull a scam.  He demanded his money back.  I invoked complaints procedures with both eBay and PayPal and both ruled in my favour. I kept his money.  He kept my TEAC.  Result!!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Oooooah!  Just gorra new Samsung tablet with a bigger screen and its letting me post,.  I might bark a bit more now.

Which model is it Loppy?   I had a very cheap unbranded tablet which worked well enough until Mrs Col trod on it.  So, I bought a Samsung Tab A. I think it was £200 and it does all I need.  I mostly use it to control music replay and streaming from my Innuos streamer. So, I can sit in my armchair and access my whole collection of CDs and those LPs I've 'digitised'. I could (but don't) just listen via the Samsung's built in speakers.  But mostly I use it to 'pull' music back from the Innuos to nice headphones, or to 'push' music through my hi-fi.

But, the Samsung also works well online, or for BBC iPlayer, Youtube etc.  Great little machine.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-1-tablet-2019-32-gb-black-10192692-pdt.html

• Like 1

Amazon's been a salvation during the lockdowns. Being miles away from any shops we use Amazon a few times a week and I can't fault their service. I go elsewhere if its cheaper but that's not often. I did fit a large parcel box at the end of our long drive but invariably they deliver to the door. Wine deliveries both from Virgin and Laitwaites have been unreliable so I use the farm shop which has been our other salvation. Morrison's deliver weekly but they usually manage to cock something up. We can never get a delivery slot at Waitrose.

• Like 1

Been trying for a year now, without success to get a delivery slot with Waitrose. Surely they can't be that popular. Invariably Morrisons are short of something every time, but they and Iceland have kept us going.

Samsung tab A7 Col.  I've still got a lot to learn but it does NS just like old times.  $240 from Amazon including a 64 gig sd card.  I'm satisfied thus far.

Edited to add. Always had a good experience with Amazon thus far.  This purchase had clearly not been opened and worked well right out of the box.

• Like 1

You'd think with a name like King, I would have stood a chance.

They still keep sending me emails of what's on offer!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I think Waitrose only deliver to the nobility. Even I don't rank apparently!

Come on Sir Phil.  There must be some mistake.  Lol.

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Morrison's deliver weekly but they usually manage to cock something up. We can never get a delivery slot at Waitrose.

You need to bite the bullet and go downmarket...  :laugh:  Tesco are pretty reliable here...