How's your day?

@PeverilPerilYou are amazing!  It makes me tired just doing my bit of dancing exercises.....  although  I also did the ‘strictly’ workout which was on TV this morning so I’m quite pleased with myself.   

• Like 1
  • Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3rd time I have done shopping on line, don't like to advitise but 1st Morrisons 2nd Iceland 3rd Morrisons

Morrison's after being at the laptop inputting my list, numb fingers and spliting head ache, message came up, i had 3 mins to finish or I would lose my slot. By this time I could not care less, it must be hard to shop on line if you have a family, one 2 of us and it ties me in knots. You tend to order thins that you would not look at twice, and I was trying to order enough food to last us a fortnight. Order finished , orderd Mon for Fri delivery, then it started,message fro MO's sorry no weetabix. Oh come on your a big shop, NO WEETABIX?  None of somthing else. oh!! well order is in now so waited. 5 * right on said time it arrived. delivery man put some bags in the poach went for some others. Woo!!! just a min this is not my shopping, man certain it was, sorry but it is not mine NO WINE with bags, (disater) man then found my bags. Did not have a dilivery note so could not check order. Thank goodness for printers, Colli a very very big one only fit for the compost heap, bussels ready done, Grapes very brown and nearley out of date, wine orderd New Zealand,Oz,French, or South African none of these but not sayiing where the wine came from. To add insult to injury banana's to ripe at home, now 3 weeks in my fruit bowl, still green and solid. 

1* morrisons

4**** iceland can't give 5***** as it doe's not sell every thing you want.

Thats the world we live in now Mary,,,

Much better when Granville took your order,, 

Thankyou Mrs Mary,,what time shall i deliver for you,, have the kettle on,, 

Can i take your Dolly out tonight? 

My friend received her delivery from Morrison’s last weekend and a bottle of Vodka she snook onto the order arrived with the security thing still attached!  Oh the frustration!! 

We have Morrison's deliveries. It's not perfect and there are sometimes omissions and substitutions. Sometimes we get things we haven't ordered but not charged for! We have a Spar and a farm shop within 4 miles to make up the deficit and for the extras. I doubt we will ever go to a supermarket again.

Mary1947,

Hello Noddy, to add a bit more to your post...We have alternated between Morrisons and Iceland, depending on our needs. What I  DON'T do, is book a delivery spot first. I make out my shopping list first and then go to check out. I'm told then to book a delivery and continue to check out and pay, (I do make sure there is a spot first).

On one occasion I made a list of shopping but then went and did something else. The list was still there two days later, so I added a bit more then booked a slot. Job done !

Been on line shopping for 11 months now. Never been able to find a slot on either Tesco or Waitrose, (although both keep sending me emails).

Felt very sluggish on the rowing machine this morning however I was delighted to see where I had reached on my virtual journey to the Highlands. Look up Strule Hill Viewpoint B9176 on Google maps and street view. You will see the magnificent Dornoch Firth. Strule Hill is one of my favourite roads and I've always regretted not cycling on it.

A bit sluggish PP? Are you sure you've not sprung a leak or left the mooring rope still tied. Look on the bright side.

"It's downhill all the way back !!

• Like 1

Just re read my post - correction - it is Struie Hill Viewpoint on the B9176 not Strule. I should pass by The Kyle of Sutherland and into Strath Oykell this afternoon. Wonderful area lots of memories here. 

Glad we dont have online shopping. The nearest to that is a local greengrocery in the village that delivers and another in the next village.Even they sometimes get things wrong.My daughter ordered 6 grapefruit and 6 kg arrived. Thank goodnesss we can now do our shopping as we need it all precautions taken and if we go as they open or close theres hardly anyone in.

We've been in our local farm shop at Gonalston today. It was easy to get round and they do have a superb selection of meats, fruit, veg and wines. There's pheasant and rabbit as well plus a good fish counter and a hugh selection of cheeses. It's much better than the supermarket which we only use online for the basics. I doubt we'll ever push a trolley again. The farm shop is run by the Mason farming family who used to have a butcher's shop at the top of Derby Rd. Back in the day they used to supply the steaks for Berni Inns in Nottingham.

• Like 1

Things we do when Bored..........just had a walk around my favourite place Spains (Bulwell} Nerja (u tube)  up and down the Calle's and on to the 'Balcony de Europa''.......Buena Dias Ben all the way....where 'Yo Bin?''...........left me singing ''When will i see you again''''......'When shall we share precious moments'' 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ben,  I llove virtually walking round my favourite places, too

Following on ....

’Will I have to wait forever?’

• Like 2

I have my virtual walk around Gedling most days, I love doing it. I always have a look at 3 Hardy's Drive without fail. I can see myself crawling up the wall, like a spider, one hand and foot each side of the entry between our house and the Wheat Croft house next door.

To stroll around the streets of Gedling which are so full of memories is a favourite hobby of mine these days.

Following on....Is this the beginning, or is it the end......:biggrin:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Hola Señor Ben, como esta?  ¿La gusta Èspania? 

¿Donde en Espania usted prefiero?

I'm good BK...........Nerja is in Andalucia on the Costa del Sol...love the place..still very Spanish......been going many years.....miss it...

Felt down yesterday........like many others i suppose...

So decided to get a grip of mesen today and get upbeat,,,

Blast some music out.......and get dressed nice......

Tight Jeans..me new boots....new black Neckerchief....Check shirt.......might Dance inabit......with or without Partner............

As Loppy would say.............Y'ALL have a good day............

• Like 3

Brilliant Cliff Ton.................not heard that afore..............

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful messages, especially those  about how you coped with the loss of your own mother.    Your kindness when Alan died prompted my aunt to say we are like a long lost family getting to know each other knowing we will probably never meet.

I hope that this year can be better that the last...Gem

• Like 5

Sad that WB........everywhere the same........couldnt guess which city you in.............too many Cars ..too many skyscrapers.........and most of all too many people............

Not a bit like I.O.M...........

• Upvote 1