How's your day?

4 hours ago, catfan said:

On the seafront in Yarmouth in glorious sunshine.

Catfan, were you posting your message while walking? Put your phone away in your pocket and enjoy your break with Mrs.CF. 

Ps, don't forget the diabetic rock. Sandcastles optional.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• DJ360

• philmayfield

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Anyone heard from jonab since his tumble?.. hope he's doing a bit better...

Carni too, hope she and her husband are well.

• Like 2

Thankyou nonnaB, we have had a few months of ill health, with Covid and recovery time, then the dreaded Pancreatitis, which knocked me for six, still awaiting for hospital  to send appointment for my follow up with consultant, 6/8 weeks, we are now on week 11/12. can't be long now. :biggrin:?

• Like 2

Carni, sorry you’re still not feeling too good - I hope your hospital

appointment will soon come through.

Keep looking after each other (as I know you will) xx

• Like 3

Glad to hear it Carni. Waiting for appointments, checkups and consultations is very frustrating. Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

• Like 1

Still thinking of you Carni. When I saw this in the local paper I thought O no poor Carni what will she do , then I remembered you live else where, so you will be OK. Get well soon duck see you at the next meetup.

birds.gif

• Like 5

Phil, we've had a lovely sea breeze blowing over the South Downs and caressing us while we sat outside today, surveying our domain.

A cloudless sky all day, we only came in because we were getting a numb bum, sitting on our bench. It's a hard life but somebody's got to do it.  :tanning:

• Like 2

I've just logged in and spotted all your kind and funny posts. Fair made me smile you did.

Catfan, we have a holiday booked at our beloved Skeggy for two weeks in September, it has been moved three times, twice due to Covid and last time due to my hospital  visit, fingers crossed!

Trogg, That picture certainly looks like an 'Elephants foot' to me?

Hope to see you all when things settle down.x

• Like 7

Had a phone call yesterday from one of the doctors PA at QMC 

I have been diagnosed with "Carpal Tunnel" in both hands. The PA said that they have had cancellation so would I like to come in for my opp on the said date.  Now don't get me wrong I am pleased to have opp (CP is quite common)  but I am not looking forward to going in QMC.  I have got to get there for 7 00 am and living where we do will just take about half an hour, but at that time in a morning master and my-self are half asleep. A big thanks to my daughter-in-law Nina, she has a week off and she has offerd to take me and fetch me back. So a big thanks to Nina who also works at the City Hospital and his looking after her mum who has dementia.

• Like 1

Last day here in Great Yarmouth of our holiday. Weather has been very good & we are returning in 3 weeks time.

No Eptons here but a few gud UNs .

• Like 1

You'll be fine, Mary. My 91 year old auntie had the carpal tunnel op on both hands and is much improved.  I am beginning to wonder if I am developing it. What I thought was gout in my thumb has now become very painful and especially at night. My grip with that hand is weak.

Unfortunately, all day case ops require folk to be there at the crack of dawn.

• Like 1

Same here Mary/Jill..........both hands very painful especially in the base of the 'Thumb'.......can't shake hands to painful.....keep putting off contacting Doctor.....if you can get in that is...........

Great stuff this getting older ain't it............

• Like 1

What has become of the flocks of swifts, swallows, house martins, etc, who ate the now vastly reduced amounts of insects?  Most people today wouldn't recognise a swallow if they were lucky enough to see one and that, in itself, is an impossibility if you never take your eyes off your smartphone!

We used to have swifts nesting yearly in our field pony shelter but we've seen none this year. I've only heard the cuckoo just once. Also we had loads of lapwings/peewits on the field but we've not seen any for years. Neither have we seen the herons flying over. There's plenty of squirrels, buzzards and magpies though but fewer rabbits. It will be interesting to see what appears when our hay crop is mown. It looks like it will be a record year for that after all the rain.  

I see Tom O'Connor has died. A maths teacher who became a comedian.  He seemed a pleasant type of chap.  I was taught maths by a comedian, too!  Not too many laughs there.

• Like 1