• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

To all, your help is required......

Does anyone know of a decent B+B in the vicinity of Wollaton Hall.

We are attending a wedding on the 7th May and the reception is at Wollaton hall. Reception in the Camelia house and wedding breakfast in the Great Hall. It would only be for a couple of nights, coming up on the 6th and leaving on the 8th.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. B.

We have stayed a couple of times  in the 'Riverside Travelodge ' which had a restaurant next door.  It was just off the A52 I think.

I think that will be on Queens Drive Margie, alongside the river.  I’m surprised Lord Willoughby isn’t offering accommodation for Beekay in his private apartments, he’s a King after all.  

• Like 2

Going back to useful presents.....Take note, Brew and Ian Finn.

Spent on 'er indoors again today. This time it were a new tooth for her top plate. Last Thursday, whilst eating a fish finger, a tooth came adrift and she advertantly swallowed it. Cost me £50.00 to replace and I  assume they glued it in place.

So that's a frying pan, a tin opener, a car, a new washer and now a tooth. Don't tell me I don't live the high life. Nowt's too good for 'er.

Today was the first day that I have felt reasonably well following a week with a heavy cold. Not had a cold for years and can't remember one as bad as this. Several LFT's proved negative.

Anyway, yesterday and today I wrote a short story, intended for juniors, for our club magazine. It is entitled The Enchanted Trout and is about 3 trout who are on a mission to help our Planet. Our club chairman liked it so much that he wants more instalments, so it is becoming a trilogy. I even did a steady 70 minutes on the bike and rower, so things are looking up. Life is good :biggrin: 

• Like 4

Her teeth are like the stars they come out at night. Take note Beekay it cost me 3000 dollars to have the wifes own teeth veneered so no chance of them coming out at night. Not sure if they are made of wood or not.Dont forget to put your teeth in Jeyes.

I had  a jolly day today.  I offered my youngest a Keter Garden Storage Box that I am replacing with a small shed.

Thing was.. I had to get it apart.  Mostly just a few screws, but the key is to separate a couple of parts which click together.   Took a couple of hours of cursing, prising and tugging, but finally did it.  Then all bits jet washed, drained and left in the garage overnight to dry.  I'll take it over there tomorrow and reassemble.

Of course once I told her I was jetwashing stuff..she decided it might be nice if I jetwashed her patio too...  Me and my big mouth...

On 1/12/2022 at 1:10 AM, IAN FINN said:

Her teeth are like the stars they come out at night. Take note Beekay it cost me 3000 dollars to have the wifes own teeth veneered so no chance of them coming out at night. Not sure if they are made of wood or not.Dont forget to put your teeth in Jeyes.

I'd have done you a good deal on a nice tin of Dulux if you'd asked!  thumbsup

• Like 1

When my dentist fitted my crowns and bridges he used a two pack adhesive and that was over 50 years ago. They've never come off and I would image adhesive technology is much more advanced today. My wife has been instructed to have them removed when I die to recover the gold!

When we were on holiday in Switzerland, during breakfast one morning, one of wifey's teeth came off the top plate after biting a crusty roll. Understandably, she was rather distressed and said she wouldn't go out. I told her it was no big deal as it wasn't a front tooth. I ended up walking up the road to the local supermarket and bought some superglue and stuck the offending tooth back into place. Never gave any thought as to whether it were poisonous or not.

• Like 2

Had my first crown ever, yesterday.  Temporary until next week when they should have the permanent one ready.   It has repaired an old molar that the school dentist filled sixty odd years ago.  Filling finally broke and could not be repaired.  Maybe I'd better look for some Araldite, just in case.  :biggrin:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59987935

Making no comment about innocence or guilt because I simply don't know. Andrew seems to  be convicted before having been tried. I thought it was innocent until proven guilty.

Even Harold Shipman wasn't stripped of his title until after he was convicted.

Trial by media these days. The sleazier, the better.

The Plaintiff, as I understand it, was quite happy to accept large amounts of money from the perpetrator, Epstein. Not only that, she was quite willing to introduce her young friends to him, lured by the promise of yet more money. She knew what would befall them. Should there not be some case brought against her for her actions?

Another hefty payment was accepted to buy her silence. Now, it seems, she will want more than a substantial financial settlement because she wants to be 'vindicated'.  Personally, I would want to see an abuser shown up and shamed for what they had done (if, indeed, they had done it) but I would not accept a penny from them. Such money would be tainted and I wouldn't touch it.

Who has done what, or otherwise, only they know. More than the accused looks dodgy to me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1