• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• DJ360

• philmayfield

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

'Er indoors and our neighbour doing their Thelma and Louise act.

No, it's not the one I've bought her.

IMG-2550.jpg

• Like 2

Ups and downs. 

Mrs Col's shed of a Punto failed MOT big time and I finally persuaded her she needs something just a tad better.  Spotted a tidy Skoda Fabia at a FIAT dealer's I used for years and we got that for her.

Meanwhile, I missed the fact that my MOT was running out on 26th..so..couldn't get it in anywhere for a test and ended up asking the FIAT dealership to do it.

So.. they failed it on suspension arms..  Corroding evidently..  And yet no mention of this at last MOT 12 months and under 2000 miles ago...  Cost?  £300 fitted.  They are about 60 quid each.

Next.. apparently rear brake discs and pads are worn out.  Hmm. I had all four brakes, discs pads and calipers replaced not long ago...  Cost £190.

So.. they called me today and told me the new suspension arms they ordered wouldn't fit.  So, they ordered replacements which also wouldn't fit...

They have until tomorrow..28th to sort this out, within the already exorbitant quoted price, before I kick off....  Over the last 35 years I have had 10.. that's TEN vehicles from this lot...and I've just bought another. But you can go off people... 

Mrs Red had an old Corsa she used to drag out once in a blue moon, used a mate I’ve known for years to MOT it, I think he thought he was doing me a favour, I had to ask him to fail it eventually.

• Like 2

Wet for iterview for a new job many moons ago, Yes! igut the job only oe problem needed a car for this job. At the time we did have a car but it was a company one, which master used for his work. Not having lots of money, LTD £500. Found a VW Golf, driver young man banned for D/D  That little Gof lasted me 5 years not an once f trouble and boy could she shift. Only one problem when putting in to first gear it would slip and gointo reverse. but it was mine. 

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

'Er indoors and our neighbour doing their Thelma and Louise act.

No, it's not the one I've bought her.

IMG-2550.jpg

Buy one get 2nd one free.

On 10/25/2021 at 7:35 PM, Beekay said:

I'm with you PhilMayfield, you're my hero.

Come on chaps I like Chocolets and Flowers, OH !!! and don't forget the wine,

ps Not long being married it came to Christas morning, looking forward to my pressi, the the bomb shall, Master "Well I went into all the shops in Nottm and could not find any thng worthy of you. It  just goe's to show.

I once told her I went to buy a nice scarf as a pressi but forgot her size...;)

11 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

No3 please come in your time is up.

You beat me to it.

Change of subject...Watching TV last and saw "Worlds most scenic railway journey", on channel 5. They were in the North East, up near Compo's neck of the woods. It looked a beautiful area, all around there with a lovely little harbour at Wick.

I was very disappointed that Compo didn't turn up to tell us a bit about Caithness, (although I appreciate no rail lines go by his gaff anymore). Was hoping to see him in the background, giving a thumbs up to the cameraman. An enjoyable hour, didn't even see PP fishing.

• Upvote 1

Mrs Col is 'Cat Sitting'.  (You couldn't make it up..)..at No.1 Daughter's place.  But since the Cat only needs bothering at feeding time.. she is spending much of her time at No.2 daughter's, helping out with the baby while Daughter does freelance design stuff.

Which means that I am free to watch telly, listen to music, eat, drink, etc.. to suit myself. I am of course doing a bit of gardening, cleaning etc... honest...

On 10/27/2021 at 7:34 AM, Jill Sparrow said:

Does he look like the Dalai Chulla? :rolleyes:

No Jill, my 2 brothers looked nothing alike, plus 16 years between the 2 of them.

I've only just realised, it was my 3rd nottstalgia birthday, 5 days ago on the 26th. Belated Happy Birthday to meself. thumbsup

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Of course I do Ian. Not just churns and watering cans but owt. 

I've just acquired a little planter to work on.

My sister in law in Nottingham came to visit last weekend and she took her milk churn with her at long last, (after sitting wrapped up in our spare bedroom). At least I won't be tripping over the bloody thing anymore. She was overjoyed when she saw it and I must admit, I found it a bit emotional. After all, it did give me a heart attack.

• Like 1

I just managed to log onto a St Helens website which I've not been on for a year or more.  I was quite sad to read of the demise of a well known St Helens 'character'...known to all as 'Johnnie Wellies.'  He wandered around town in wellies and a bobble hat.  Every time I saw him he had a beard too.  He would sometimes just stand in the street and point and laugh at people.  I only spoke to him once, when he approached me in a deserted town square as I went to an evening meeting.  He just said "They'd drive you mad..."  and walked on.. to which I replied.. "They would that..."

But.. it seems there was a whole other side to Johnny, and at his funeral a little while back, a local funeral director provided the funeral free of charge, and well known 'Sentelliner' Johnny Vegas, did the Eulogy.  Whilst I don't doubt that Johnny had 'issues', there was much more to him than you'd have thought... which is, I suppose.. a lesson for us all. Have a look here:

https://www.sthelens-connect.net/forums/topic/97248-looks-like-johnny-has-left-us/page/2/

Col

Tried the link Col, but it just said "sorry you do not have permission".

So no idea what's on.

Almost the same here BK.

it was one of those sites that want me to accept cookies and I usually avoid those (so I haven’t read it either)

You need to be a member and a record of posting in the forum before the link can be viewed...

Don't  think I'll bother thank you. After all, I  know bugger all about St.Helens. (no disrespect DJ360).