• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

17 hours ago, MRS B said:

nonnaB Happy Anniversary wishes for tomorrow, enjoy your day

Mrs B

Thankyou. I’m now waiting for my better half to return from Sicily. I’m tracking him on line and the message he sent me before told me there was a delay. Going into departures the flight was scheduled but managed to get flight tracker. Saw plane take off and it got so far then I could see it was turning round to go back to Palermo. It’s now on its way and you can see the previous tracks. Weird. Hope everything is ok.He’s just passed Naples.

Good news he’s landed but don’t know yet what happened.

We have a new tile for beware of the dog. A photo of a chihuahua and the caption is . 
Bites, Devours. Kills and dances on your grave. 

She’s a gentle creature really she weighs under 2 kg the other one is a big softy too.

Hope visitors don’t take it seriously.

• Like 1

Going to meet Mrs Cs recently bereaved dad in town today.

Nothing unusual about that but he has now got his OAP bus pass & this is his first go on it.

He left it a bit late at 88 years old.

On 5/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, Brew said:

You do like putting yourself through the mill Col... 

Don't stretch yourself too far driving to Porridegland there's a good chap...

Ok Jim, I'll only stretch myself as far as my destination and not a mile further. ;)

• Like 1
On 5/1/2022 at 1:01 PM, DJ360 said:

some fogging of the headlight lenses, so I employed the final polishing stage from the Holts polishing kit I bought for doing Mrs Col's lights.

When I was skint & running bangers that pink Euthymol toothpaste worked wonders, thank me later :happy:

On my Honda motorbike screen, 50/50 T Cut and water used with a polishing mop on an angle grinder returned it to 'as new' in just a few minutes.

Mrs Col's headlights were so fogged that they failed an MOT. I bought, and used a Holt's kit which included four stages of grit, on velcro backed discs, followed by a liquid polish used with a foam 'mop' and finally a spray on 'sealer'.

Mine were much less fogged..more cosmetic than owt, but the polish and sealer did the trick.

Toothpaste polishes plastic head light covers, and I've been told a spray of clear coat, used to protect car paintwork makes it last, comes in rattle cans.

1 hour ago, radfordred said:

When I was skint & running bangers that pink Euthymol toothpaste worked wonders, thank me later :happy:

Yebbut, I'm neither skint, nor running bangers. :P

If you have a DVD or CD  causing problems too, polish it with toothpaste!!. Good wash in soapy water, rinse, dry off, then polish the plain side with toothpaste and paper towel, rubbing in circles, removes slight scratches and dings. Restores like new.

Ayeup, I allus thought that when cleaning DVD s or CDs they should allus be wiped from the centre to the outside, in a straight line, then move on to the next section. Thought it were just LPs that one did in a circular motion. Then again, what do I  know. Cheers !

Sounds daft but I shall try that. We have 11 invaders that hoover up the seeds and nuts we put out. Tried not bothering  for a while and they disappeared. They came back less than a day after we resumed.

My wood pigeons, Ben and Big Maude, are both enormous and now very tame. Their relationship seems to have settled down again since Floozy decided that a menage a trois wasn't really her scene.

Who's Ed Sheeran when he's at home?

50 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Who's Ed Sheeran when he's at home?

Some ginger haired tosser who sings and writes little ditties. 

@ BK, I clean them with a circular motion  on a flat hard surface, which is essentially what you mean, slowly turning them as a work on them.

I Bought several hundred movies a few years back, many were badly scuffed and had play problems, locking up and pixilating.

All played good once cleaned and polished with toothpaste, in fact I gave up with DVD cleaners, toothpaste worked best.

There are loads of things that baking soda (bicarbonate) and white vinegar clean too, we use it for our shower screen and it comes up a treat.