• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I didn't name em Phil., I just quote whatever it says on the box. As you correctly state, it's a table top fan oven. Does bloody good chips though.

• Like 1

Since I’m not sure what I’m looking for what exactly does it do? Oven, airfryer, microwave , steam cook etc. They don’t make Tower brand here. My husband saw a whirlpool this morning but it only cooks one thing not 3 can I ask you to send a pic? Do you mind?

Took next door neighbours to Burton Waters this morning, they have hired a day boat as part of his wife's birthday present I think they are sailing (if thats the right term) upto Torksey lock, anyway back home and got the car loaded up with the vintage cycles ready for the weekends show at Heckington just the kettle and gas ring and the cold bag full of food to go in then the bike carrier to fit in the morning for the gents Hercules bike, now got one of the mowers out ready to cut the grass then settle down with bangers and mash for tea, nice one, hope you've all had a great day l know I have

Rog

• Upvote 1

Plenty of room, don't have to move the front seats at all, just drop the back seats and away we go, got Bassingham fete next saturday then Lineside vintage working weekend in September oh and got to fit Norton Disney village show in sometime in August (only next village so not far away)

Rog

Today i feel 'Elated''............been to ''Derby Royal Hospital'' for my 5 year check over with the Surgeon who did the operation.......and he said all looked excellent.......to be honest i was worried about what i was going to be told......

Couldn't thank him enough.a.lovely man and obviously a brilliant surgeon..Had a nice chat and told him ''Hope to see you in another 5 years''...

So i'm a lucky chap and hope to keep on Dancing..a while longer......

My OP and 5 years of consultations have all been at the ''Derby Royal''......its almost made me a Derby County Supporter...:)

• Like 8
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I remember you and Alex as proper chefs. You don’t need these newfangled, modern, labour saving gadgets at your age! :biggrin:

Less of the “at your age” it’s not so much a gadget it’s because we already have an airfryer which we use frequently so as not to use the main oven. I was just interested in the context of putting a few things in the oven at the same time even though they should be cooked at different temperatures and times. Not sure though. 

2 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Our air fryer has two compartments which can cook at different temperatures and times and it can be programmed so they finish simultaneously.

That’s interesting Phil what make is it. We looked earlier in Media world and they said those sort of fryers/ ovens don’t exist here.

1 minute ago, nonnaB said:

That’s interesting Phil what make is it. We looked earlier in Media world and they said those sort of fryers/ ovens don’t exist here.

It’s an Instant Vortex Plus. It came from John Lewis. Air fryers were difficult to get hold of at the time as everyone wanted to join the craze. We don’t use ours anymore!

• Like 1

We don’t have John Lewis here either. We had visitors from UK last week and passing ours in the kitchen my niece said everyone in Scotland had them.

@benjamin1945how the years fly by eh?  I’ve not seen you since before you went through all of that but you’ve done brilliantly and never lost your sense of humour, even in your blackest days.  
It’s 6 years today since I had my ‘Stoma Reversal’ and still getting ‘Imodium’ on prescription!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Reminded me of close on 30 years ago when I volunteered to 'fell' a big Poplar tree for a widowed colleague. All I had was a handsaw, a small hatchet and a rope.  The tree had 6-8 foot trunk then split into 4 branches, each up to 9" thick and 30-40 feet tall.

I also needed to bring the tree down in a long but narrow garden. I climbed into the 'bole' of the tree and then up one branch as far as I dared...then tied on a long rope.

Next, at bole level, I sawed and hacked at the first branch until it was creaking..then climbed down and pulled on the rope..

I ended up having to repeat that process several times before the branch came down with a sudden crack and I desperately pulled and ran to keep it in the narrow garden. Each time I climbed up and cut deeper I was worried that the branch might suddenly 'go' and fall the wrong way, or worse still .injure me!.

Still ..After most of a Saturday, I had three branches down...

I was getting tired and when the final branch fell, I turned to pull and run, but instead I tripped, fell and scrambled...

I avoided real injury but the thinnest twigs at the top of the branch gave me a good idea what it would be like to be 'Birched'.:wacko:.

I spent the whole of the following day cutting the branches to fit in my clapped out VW Polo and carting it to the local tip.

What fun!!!

• Upvote 1

I’ve still got a few more branches of the sycamore to cut down. It’s in the hedge at the bank of the orchard and the tree is growing up towards the 11kV power lines. I don’t want to risk electrocution or putting out the lights in the village! National Grid usually keep the adjacent trees trimmed but I’ve not seen them for some time.

Maybe I'm prejudiced, but I really don't like sycamores. I believe the timber has its uses but . ...  Sycamore leaves always get that black spotty fungus on them.  Also, nothing but a bit of grass grows under them and you don't see a build up of leaf mould like you do under Oak, Birch and Beech  No fungi either.