• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Did'nt folks refer to them as, 'Dolly Blues'?

Hey Rog., your picture looks like the fags I smoked as a kid.  :crazy:

• Like 1

I tried Craven "A", Black Cat and finished on Marlboro until I saw sense about twenty years ago, instead of smoking now I just smoulder in me shed

Rog

• Like 1

Notte bianco tonight. Festivities in main  square everywhere is open all night. Tables everywhere restaurants and bars are serving food for takeaway or sitting down. It’s early yet but lots of people around . Music groups are walking through everywhere. Lovely atmosphere and what makes it even better is that there’s a lovely breeze perhaps every now and again a little stronger but it’s FANTASTIC. Hope it rains tomorrow.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

Hope it rains tomorrow.

The weather map does look very wet in your part of the World tomorrow Nonna, hope tonight’s festivities go really well and you enjoy yourselves 

• Like 1

Ian, just been reminded that it's bank holiday weekend and I'm working up at Sheffield park. Our neighbour, the Bluebell Railway has a famous star visiting over the weekend, The Flying Scotsman, 4472 steam locomotive. So it's odds on we'll be extra busy with their overflow cars added to our own capacity crowd.

Happy Days !!

• Like 3

At home now met up with a few friends and in-laws. Saw a few young ones that have now grown but lovely to see them

joining in local festivities. Strange to see the shops open at night especially the butcher. Next week it is the main Summer event. Don’t know if you’ve heard of Bobby Solo , he’s

a singer from the 70’s. He’s always been popular and still is. He sings like Elvis or I should say similar style. He will be one of the singers in the concert.  The village comes alive during this festival as the concerts attract many people from outside. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As everyone is saying here” Che Culo” 

The weather is definitely cooler but severe storms have been forecast. We kept getting very high winds that only lasted minutes and black skies which we thought was the beginning of the worst kind.  We’ve just watched the news and the storms have caused so much havoc, trees uprooted in Asti that is only 20 minutes away. The rest of the news told us where the storms were traveling and they said all over Piemonte but excluding Valle Tanaro and another area. We didn’t listen to the last few words as we were saying “ che Culo”  Phew

Lovely day today.......with having sons pretty well spread around different parts of the World for much of the time...today was special...3 of them came for dinner and they hadn't seen each other for several months........plus a niece and her husband from Cambridgshire......a day to remember as they all enlightened each other of their travels........

One came on a large Motor-bike...he had just bought....ive often contemplated buying one for my old age......but after sitting astride it while the son gave it a kick start.......changed my mind...just the noise frit'' me to death........just nice to know..''there used to be days like this'' many years since....with a lucky girl riding Pillion......:rolleyes:...

• Like 1

Forgot it was a ''Bank holiday'' today....only realised when on getting into Bulwell early 9am ish.......so a few of my regular shops that i visit were not open.or opening later......

However this did not spoil my visit.....the 'Lighthouse'' charity shop was open early....and while browsing spotted 2 Guitars that looked the real thing only slightly smaller and with no strings.......So ten and seven year old Grandsons will be pleased when they next visit......Lady who served me enjoyed it when i told her i'm making a come-back with the '''Bulwell Bog siders''.....:biggrin:

• Like 1

Oh nearly forgot.......Daughter just Texted' to remind me.....its 5 years today since my ''Laryngetomee''.....it lasted between 10 and 12 hours at the Derby Royal''......and am forever indebted to them for basically saving my life......

The last 5 years have flown past....as well as 'Derby Royal'' i need to thank my loving wife and family for helping me adapt to my new way of life...

Not forgetting all the kind people on here..who without doubt helped me through it all....

My life is completly different now from 5 years since........at the time i never imagined there could be so many changes......still not been further than Derby...but hopefully that changes later this week when i visit one of my Son's and family some 50 miles south......

Won't 'Wax-on'' anymore......just to say thanks again everyone for all your kind words over the years........

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Ben, You are a very resilient person and a role model for those of us facing  big problems with our health.  If you can come through smiling, then so can we!  God bless you, Ben x

• Like 3

Ben, we don't just support you because we're nice people.. It's also because you thoroughly deserve it.

As for 'Days Like This'.  Probably my favourite Van video.  Pretty much perfect and not at all hindered by the presence of the lovely Kate St John on sax... :rolleyes:

• Like 1