How's your day?

Margie, I’ve never heard of Mychart. I do have the NHS app and can gain access to my records on the surgery website, neither of which are telling me anything at the moment. I’ll have to investigate Mychart. Thanks!

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Ok, so I have investigated and there are only 11 organisations that subscribe to Mychart, Cambridge being one of them. University hospitals of Leicester do not. Hey ho, the glimmer of hope has just gone out. Thanks anyway Margie.

• Upvote 1

Today is our winter solstice but as we a short on henges here we're all off to the pub.

The sun is on its way back to see us for summer, yay! For those that like a technical explanation tomorrow there will be a whole two seconds longer daylight than today.

Well done CT. I were begining to think I were Billy no mates, set to wander through this desolate Nottstalgia landscape all alone.

or perhaps folks are working a 'Low Posts' diet.

• Like 1

It’s the time of the year when I like to drink cider, not the ‘Sunday school’ variety but one that’s really dry. One that makes your arse come up to your elbows like home made gooseberry jam. Tonight I’m drinking Aspels premier cru which is quite dry. Is there a drier one?

• Like 2

Greetings Phil., at least that's three of us. Been a long time since I had a cider. Do you remember the non- alcohollc drink called Cidrax, or Cydrax. Tasted like rancid apple juice.

• Like 1

I tend to drink cider instead of wine with meals these days. The beer at one of our locals is a bit iffy so I have a cider instead. Pub cider from the pump is generally very poor and expensive though.

The days of me making between 150 - 200 gallons a season are sadly gone - that was proper cider and I think Phil would have approved.

After all the miserable, cold weather we’ve been having lately there’s now a ‘health alert’ with temperatures expected to top 30C. I was trying to paint the bonnet of the tractor but the paint was drying faster than I could spread it out. I did go to a toy shop to buy a ‘super soaker’. A neighbour’s dog has been chasing our cats. A blast of water should see it off. I’m teaching the cats how to use it!

• Like 3

On a rather less booze soaked note:...;)

I spent Saturday at my youngest daughter's house, for the 3rd Birthday of my youngest Granddaughter.  As ever, my daughter, the designer, had done a simple but very effective display..this time, of rainbow crepe and balloons, to complement a rainbow coloured Bouncy Castle on the lawn and lots of other nice touches.  About a dozen three to nine year olds running about having a whale of a time, whilst we adults chatted. A nice mix of English, Polish, Venezuelan neighbours, the latter with kids who are already bi-lingual.. which I love.. Even a very beautiful lady Teacher, from Yorkshire.. to prove once and for all that we can all get along if we try... :)

As for Sunday.. I spent that at Cranage Hall in Cheshire, for the North West Audio Show.  Known in the trade as 'Carnage', it's actually always a good show.  Usually a nice summer's day and you can alternate looking at/listening to all sorts of audio kit and related paraphernalia, chatting to industry professionals etc., with having a drink and a bite outside in the beautiful extensive grounds. 

There's always something to be learned.  There was a display outside, of vintage studio/recording kit, a very well preserved early Ford Transit, rock group's stage gear from Marshall etc..  All belonged to a chap who is now seemingly the 'go to' provider of 'period correct' audio kit etc.. for those engaged in making films or documentaries about 'rock history'.

There's a 'niche' market if ever I saw one.

Inside, the definite highlight was a 60 minute talk/demonstration from a chap who runs an 'audiophile' record/CD company called 'Chasing The Dragon'.  He described the recording techniques he uses and audibly demonstrated the difference between old 'valve' microphones and modern stuff. He also demonstrated the clear difference between recording 'Direct to Disc', where the performance is literally cut to a master disc as it is happening, c.f. 'Indirect', where the performance is first recorded to a digital file, or audiotape, and edited etc.., before cutting. The Direct method is far superior.. but does rely on getting the performance right..in one take..

And of course.. as ever.. my much wealthier pal, who I went with, didn't miss the opportunity to buy £600 worth of 'audiophile' 'special' vinyl pressings. For his £600 he got 4 or 5 titles.  Still.. it's his money and he's not short of the stuff...

• Like 4