DJ360

How's your day?

All:  I have an excuse for not doing the grass.  It's just started raining here. Drat... :rolleyes:

Col

Carni...have been reading old posts and came across one where you said you had been known to go upstairs like a spider after a few glasses of wine.  We have that in common, mine after a few gins we have also gone onto a soda mix,  mines  lime and soda also with straw.  Terrible when getting older turns you tee total.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, trogg said:
  1. Ben I gave you a like because like you I believe a fag and a strong black coffee gives you the strength and will to carry on no matter what.

A strong cup of coffee or two when I get up usually around 06.00 puts me right but I gave up the fags over eight years ago.

• Like 1

Back in bed ! It's yet another wet morning !

4 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Back in bed ! It's yet another wet morning !

It is in Old Basford looks like a day with my feet up :)

Got to nip down to the doctors in the next village,they want me to make an appointment for some more tests,usual stuff I think,I will go on the trike although it is a bit cold (I seem to feel the cold now,never used to) then back home,sausage sandwich, I might make a whiskey and lemon drizzle cake today,also prepare dinner,roast chicken with all the trimmings, should put a bit more weight on after that lot no doubt,

Hope you all have a great day whatever you do or don't do

Rog

• Like 2

Daybreak over Loch Watten this morning:

37618859060_b63bac51b5_h.jpg

The Whooper Swans have now arrived from Iceland for the winter:

37876154911_da07756e2d_h.jpg

The light of hope for a fine day:

37827531396_c0fc3177a6_h.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Beats Hucknall Rd hands down on a dismal damp day !

• Like 1

Peaceful ! On my own, coffee, toast and marmalade, feet upon the coffee table and quietly reading. Almost paradise !

• Like 2

Well the drizzle cake didn't work out as planned,got the lemon,butter and caster sugar from the local village shop,already had a bottle of Famous grouse in the cupboard, everything ready on the worktop,got the self raising flour out of the cupboard and guess what,it was contaminated with what looked like tiny corn flies, oh well I guess I'll have to pick some more flour up tomorrow when I'm on me travels,I was looking forward to having a piece of cake as well,never mind such is life, got the appointments sorted out at the docs,for some reason he want me to have more blood tests then an appointment with him to see how my heart,kidneys,liver and lungs are doing,I thought they were doing ok but hay oh it's a run out on me trike intit,

Anyroad I hope you have all had a great day

Rog

• Upvote 1

More planting at work wallflowers and primrose  polyanthus and tulips. More planting to do tomorrow .and should be almost done planting then til next years summer bedding comes around.soon be leave clearing every day

• Upvote 2

Rog, I expect they were flour weevils.  You'll have to have a good clean out in your cupboard and keep flour in sealed containers from now on..

• Like 1

Margie,The cupboards are spotless and the flour was in the sealed cardboard container with snap plastic lid, my first thoughts was weevils I agree, to be honest the flour was in the cupboard for a couple of months so they could have been in the last bag of flour I topped the container up with,anyway they are in the dustbin now and just to double check I cleaned out the cupboard again, my own fault I should have used it up before now but most of my baking lately has been with plain flour, live and learn and I will but a new airtight container

Rog

• Like 3

A nice start to the day weatherwise but then.....oops! Poor old workhorse has more than a little metal fatigue....or.... I had one of those but the wheel fell off  :(

37795471372_bcc06eca1b_c.jpg

• Like 2

That can be welded or brazed mate,a man of you caliber should be a doddle, bit of T cut and you'll never know

Rog

• Like 1

Thats an MOT failure if ever I saw one  slywink

Rog

• Like 1

I examined the metal on the bodfy of the mower but it has become paper thin.  i think that my kak-handed welding would simply blow holes in it.  The section where it used to be joined is split from base to elbow too.  I might give it a go though, just to see......

With reference to Rog's flour beetles.... When living in East Africa a woman I knew had an infestation of flour beetles in a bin of flour.  It being obviously unfit for consumption, she offered it to her servant for their family to use - how blo*dy patronising can you get, eh?!

reinforce it with sheet metal,nut and bolt to main frame and weld where the parent material is thicker

Rog

• Like 1

Tut               i was just going to say that Rog...............

• Like 2

Or to quote the great Jezzer Clarkson..  "That'll polish out..." ;) .....

Today we went and almost finalized our order for a new kitchen.  Can't afford the extension that would really make things easier and seeing how we have managed with the current rubbish for 40 years anything will be an improvement.  Looks like I've won my main argument.  Finally a gas hob!!!! Yay!!!

I'll actually be able to fry an egg in under 20 minutes!!!  Don't care about the oven, but all electric hobs are rubbish.

Yesterday had a great afternoon when I took the the family out for lunch.  Went especially to a place which has in indoor play area for the Grandkids and got seated close by.

At one point. little Grace Poppy, my Granddaughter  (3) , came running back to us crying her eyes out because 'the little boy' had pushed her.  Went back to the 'scene of the crime'.. a little playhouse thing.  It was now empty, so Grace Poppy and my Grandson Ben (6) went inside.  A little lad shot in and immediately started pushing Ben with both hands.  Ben is normally very placid but he shouted '"So.. it was you!!  How dare you push my little Sister!!" 

( He does 'indignant' very well...  :)  )

At this point my daughter stuck her head in and explained to all three kids that they should play nicely together and things seemed to calm down.

We walked away and then I heard Ben's voice shouting very clearly "Stop it!!!"  I walked back round to the play house just in time to see the 'little boy' fly backwards out of the play house and down its little entrance ramp onto the floor.  I was all set to pick him up when he got up looking totally shocked and walked away. I asked Ben what was going on and he just said  "He wouldn't stop pushing me, so I pushed him back.."   I gave Ben a brief look of disapproval but inside I was really thinking " Yes!!.. Good on yer Lad!!"

I don't approve of violence, but I approve even less of bullies.  I'm proud of Ben for sticking up for his lttle sister too.  :bravo:

Col

• Like 5

Exactly the reason i don.t like kids in pubs.it only takes one to spoil it.

That is why I give a wide birth to any establishment with a play area. If I'm in a garden centre coffee shop or a cafe, and I see a high chair with a small occupant, I avoid it like the plague. If any parent wants to participate in 'bonding ' and other nonsensical activities, then do it at home !

• Like 2