The wife spotted 'this' undulating down the side path before disappearing into the front flower bed. Mmm I;ll bet she doesn't go weeding in there again!

'This' is  large 80 mm caterpillar, photoed, printed & copied to library But NO Pbucket!. Copy & Paste? NO, size limit of 51.2kb applies. Photo reduced by 25% but still too big!

Now what?              

"Postimage" Albert,just register and away you go,when you've downloaded a picture click share on the picture top and select one to copy to a forum

Rog

ps,look forward to seeing this picture

Goodness me,I've never seen owt like that before,does it have legs or does it just shuffle along?

Rog

I didn't get down low enough to see any legs but as it wriggled along the skin pattern looked like small armor plates slotting back & forth, that barb on the back end would be a bit intimidating to a predator. A large moth is probably the best bet but is there a 'rest of the brood' somewhere?

Commo has it spot on, see here:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=privet+hawkmoth+&id=5BFB4D78C9D9754D79CB19FD9B8275CF98DAED74&form=WNSIPR&first=1&cw=1289&ch=790

Picture of the caterpillar on fourth  row down.

Brew

• Like 2