Interior decorating

The trend as far as I can see is to use wallpaper on a 'feature' wall and paint the rest...

I love wallpapering!  You can be really creative with papers and borders. Alright, I know the current trend is to make every room in the house look like a surgical area: white walls, wooden floors and blinds. Then you can fill it with cr*ppy furniture from I*ea.  Not me.  If I want that sort of environment, I'll go and have my appendix taken out. :blink:

We have no Ikea furniture. Much of it is antique but there is no wallpaper and no white walls, other than in one of the downstairs loos. If I want a feature wall I paint it in a contrasting colour. We have quite a few paintings and prints so these take the place of fancy wallpapers. I’ve nothing against wallpaper. It can add a certain elegance to a room but I have neither the patience or the time to apply it myself and I certainly wouldn’t pay some one to do it.

Wallpaper isnt popular here and besides especially in our house that is very old,( 170 yo) the walls need dozens of layers of primer to make wallpaper stick. Our tasted in colours have changed over the years. We bought this cascina in 2000 and had bright walls the ceilings were vaulted and it seemed the house needed that bit of colour. We've changed many times and now have a soft white with touches of colour to break the starkness. The kitchen is mahogany and beige, the lounge has a strong blue- green wall. Houses here all have tiled floors so sometimes wall colours are governed by the floors.  The only room we papered is a small lounge cum dining room that has a tiled black floor and greyish  patterened walls. It looks good but I notice that the corners are starting to curl so before long will have to go.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Interior decorating

Funny that, I ordered a Wagner spray gun last Wednesday to do my fences. For fifty quid though I doubt it will be like the one in the clip...

On 4/30/2021 at 3:55 AM, Brew said:

I ordered a Wagner spray gun last Wednesday

Hi Brew, I am looking to buy a spray gun to paint a metal shed. I have researched Wagner and Dulux (which I think is made by Wagner) guns.

Please let me know how you go especially with regard to clogging during use and ease of cleaning. Thanks Oz

Will do Oz but remember i'm not using paint,  it's for my fences so will using sprayable fence stain which is not much thicker than water.