Garden wildlife pictures

Here's a couple of photos of a fledgeling robin that lives in a think hazel hedge in the garden next to the polytunnel.  If I sit still it flies onto my shoes!

36101128614_4661240bff_h.jpg

36935096715_190105e145_h.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

The daft sod almost got himself stabbed with my hand fork in the polytunnel last night. I was digging a few worms for him and he couldn't wait to get at them; almost getting a prong in his neck !

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Since the last photos, the Robin has grown more of his/her adult feathers and has become more tame.  This morning it was practically knocking on the back door for food.

36951377916_cdfdf5254e_c.jpg

36968738962_596eba76c7_h.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The tame Robin is now almost in its full adult plumage and the local adult bird has begun chasing it around the garden.  Looks like the fight for territory is now on.  Luckily for me it seems to know that when I'm around it is safer with me than alone and so it comes to hand quite readily.  Here it is seen landing on my hand, looking around whilst saying hello and then feeding.  The camera was held in my right hand but the bird doesn't seem to mind me moving a little whilst it is settled on me.

37309670425_9ac94d3f64_h.jpg

37136169402_3f5abc2bf4_h.jpg

37136195092_527c207151_h.jpg

• Like 10
  • 1 month later...

Took these pictures today looking through the kitchen window

P1060238.jpg

P1060240.jpg

P1060241.jpg

As I sit at my computer the little birds are about three feet away from me

Rog

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Long tailed tits on the bird feeders this morning,they call every day just before midday and again just befroe tea time

P1060255.jpg

P1060256.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The body of the long tailed tit is the smallest of any British bird,it's tail is longer than it's body ,the Firecrest being the smallest British bird along with Goldcrest, we sometimes get the Goldcrest on the back garden fence looking for spiders,I'm sure one day the spiders will carry the little birds off they are getting that big, lol Not seen the Barn owl over the field other side the back garden so I don't know whether anything has happened to it,will see, Chaffinch,Goldfinch,Bullfinch,Robin,Dunnock are regular visitors at the moment on the feeders,I'll try and get some more pictures of them

Rog

• Like 1

A Sparrowhawk was flying through the bushes in the garden this morning.  Such a shame I was gardening and didn't have a camera to hand.  Even up here, Sparrowhawks are not common.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Just sitting on my back garden fence, it's brothers and sisters were playing in the long grass in the field

P1060842.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

Wife has a photo on her phone  which was in our garden this morning, I try to put a copy on later when she comes back home. Its the first time I seen one in the garden which in central Hucknall, not normally seen this far in town.

• Like 2

Just took this one through the kitchen window,pheasants mopping up wasted seed from the bird feeders

P1070145.jpg

Rog

• Like 1