Things you can't stop yourself doing

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It fascinates me that they all die in alphabetical order? 

I can't stop checking Nottstalgia every day   Rog

When I had a daily newspaper I looked at the obituaries every single day. Not that I expected to see anyone I knew, but I liked to see how old they were, what they died of etc. Proper morbid. But I gu

I'm with Oz on the train counting.  Whenever a special comes by I always count the carriages.  Other trains these days are just fixed units and don't require counting :) As for goods trains - they practically no longer exist here in Scotland.

Chatting Ladies over 60 up..................lol.

Edit.......and getting a slap (verbal mostly) and turned down.........:rolleyes:

You'de have been in yer elements last week with us Ben, 2 coach loads of over 60's mostly widows in our hotel. Should have seen em jiving in the lounge & knocking the drinks back annall.

One old fella (91 years) was up there with the best of em. until early in the morning he was carted off to the local A&E with chest pains !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
22 hours ago, philmayfield said:

All the time on the Nottingham to Lincoln line. Fuel tankers - usually about 33. Obviously they would be longer in Oz!

Yes Phil you are quite right the longest in Australia was an iron ore train 682 wagons pulled by 8, 6,000HP Diesel - Electric Locos. Total length was 7.35 Km

(4.7 miles) with a gross weights of around 100,000 tonnes. Imagine waiting at a crossing for that to pass!

The longest passenger train in the world is also in OZ. The Ghan which travels north south across Australia from Adelaide to Darwin, a journey of some 1,850 miles in a train that is 0.7 of a mile long. The leader of the opposition and I were fortunate enough to take this journey, an unforgettable experience of three days and two nights, a very civilised way to travel.

Image result for the ghan

Image from Australian-Trains .com

• Like 2

I'm currently in the Pilbara region of NW W Australia, visiting our youngest daughter, she's a midwife here.

Some amazing trains here and most if not all are now driverless !  they are controlled from a central hub in Perth about 1000 miles away !

Very disconcerting when you see the barriers on the road crossings come down and the train goes slowly past with no one at the controls, some of these iron ore trains are a couple of klms long.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Bubblewrap said:

Breathing :)

When in spoons(Bulwell) counting the number in the nine o'clock stampede :)

What's the nine o'clock stampede?

Katyjay and Catfan - I do both of these things...... also sometimes find myself counting the slices of carrot and cucumber as I slice them!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
14 hours ago, katyjay said:

Counting stairs as I climb them. Not your run of the mill house stairs,  but any tall building's. 

Not as stupid as it sounds, knowing how many steps down the stairs could help during a blackout or fire with no torch and you have to get out quickly.