Things you can't stop yourself doing

For some reason I can't stop getting covered in diesel fuel every time I go near my old Petter engine,Mrs P always telling me I stink of diesel

Rog

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It fascinates me that they all die in alphabetical order? 

I can't stop checking Nottstalgia every day   Rog

When I had a daily newspaper I looked at the obituaries every single day. Not that I expected to see anyone I knew, but I liked to see how old they were, what they died of etc. Proper morbid. But I gu

When I had a daily newspaper I looked at the obituaries every single day. Not that I expected to see anyone I knew, but I liked to see how old they were, what they died of etc. Proper morbid. But I guess it was because I wasn't in there myself!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On 9/11/2017 at 10:07 AM, Bubblewrap said:

Wetherspoons don't start serving alcohol till 9am.

They are not allowed to start serving in Scotland until 11am, Bubblewrap .

thumbsdown

I have a regular cycle riding route. One day I saw various stages of the route as camps and features from the north approach to Mt Chomolungma (Everest). It took me years to get out of the habit of mentally marking the stages as I passed them.

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

Ain't all the Jock got square sausages or summut like that? 

Lorne sausages, R.Red.... Beef sausage meat, barley and wheat flour. Quite nice in small doses.

10 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

I can't help reading newspapers from back to front

Same here PP.  It is the same with magazines, papers, menus etc. I start from the back and if I find an article that interests me, then I go to  the beginning and read it through. I tried it with books, but it doesn't work.:rolleyes:

I have just Googled the subject  and we are not alone, as to why we start at the back of the paper, I have yet to discover?:)

• Like 1

Once I've started reading a novel, I always go to the end and read the last few chapters - I like to see how the story works out as I continue to read from the beginning.  I don't read 'who dunnits'  - just as well as this wouldn't work in that case !!

Would this attitude work with real life Margie? if you could see the last few chapters of your life would you do it?

Just a thought

Rog

• Like 2

We're on the road to nowhere,  Talking heads,  or Highway to hell AC DC? you makes yer choice you take the chance

Rog

• Like 2
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

Would this attitude work with real life Margie? if you could see the last few chapters of your life would you do it?

Just a thought

Rog

I often try to imagine that this Is my last day alive on earth.   I therefore try to live the day so I would have no guilt or regrets that I haven't done or said something I should have done  (or done or said something that I shouldn't have done!).   I'm talking mainly about my relationships with other people, not the fact that I regret not having done the ironing btw..

I think I'd like to 'read' the last chapters of my book .... then get on with living my life - it would give me and my family time to prepare for whatever will happen!

• Like 3