Have you been to the one in Boston?

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this apparently you can down load an App in Wethersoons pubs to order & pay for food & drink & have It brought over to you without having little or no interaction with the bar staff? This would be brilliant ideal for your meet ups, for members that could not attend, they could purchase a whole round of drinks & have them sent over to your table without even turning up! ..... Wow! 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/wetherspoons-pub-customers-order-pay-app-exploit-loop-free-drinks-alcohol-pints-beer-a7787466.html

• Like 1

Quite right catfan.................i enjoy queuing at the Bar......Wetherspoons or any other..........thats where you get the best banter and small talk.......Bulwell Wethers is great for it........you get comments like ''hey yove shuvved in''........''its my ton''........''bleddy hell its Ben intit?''......''ey-up Alan, yo still shoplifting?''....''hows the Mrs?''......''shes cleared off wi me best mate''........''were yo get that black eye John?''..''can't remember''

No,   queuing at the Bar is a must...........lol

edit...........best comment at a bar recently was in Glasgow......shoved me way in ordered a Pint......Billy Connelly look and sound alike'' next to me.........''you F......'' English?.......love it............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That Wetherspoon App wouldn't work for me, I'd end up buying everyone in the pub a meal & a drink, life can get too complicated at times.

I would ban people who stand at the bar drinking, does my ead in.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I had a run in with an old fart at the Plough in Sandiacre many years ago. It was about 7.45 on a Friday evening, and I'd just got drinks for my ex and myself. There was nobody else at the bar, but this old guy kept standing behind me. I asked if he was ok, as we were turning round to look for a seat. He said that he always stood at the bar there, and he wanted his space. I told him that he wouldn't be standing at this place tonight ! I stood my ground, and although we'd intended moving on after one drink, we defiantly had another !

• Like 1
1 hour ago, radfordred said:

Indeed it does piano bloke see this story from only a few days ago, you can order from anywhere.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/21/mans-request-for-birthday-drinks-at-wetherspoons-backfires-when-strangers-send-him-milk-and-fruit-shoots-6944539/

Well there you go. Last time I had a play around with it while I was at home it wouldn't even let me in.

• 1 year later...

Must admit Loppy during my time of 'Radiotherapy'' down there,,((if you know what i mean ) i didnt make it.........lol

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...

Stop off at Lythan on our way home did not realise there where places this posh up north? Ended up in a spoons "The Railway" ordered two coffees & two drinks, not sure if the barmaid got distracted, but she started serving someone else without me paying, I had my card in hand? I then remembered Tim Martin (who I admired) did not pay his staff in lockdown, cheers Tim.

Three hail Mary's & all that.

Spoons and McDonalds (franchises) and other food outlets did originally say they wouldn't top up the 20%.

All the staff that were retained did get the 80% although Tim Martin did initially say he wouldn't pay the 80% untill he saw the terms of furlough in writing.

Weatherspoons did eventually pay the 80% and I'm sure paid the missing 20% but I can't find evidence.

Gordon Ramsey however made 500 staff redundant instead of putting them on furlough and then went off and drove around in his $10million car collection, obeying lockdown conditions where required.

• Like 1