Nottingham & Notts Books

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having bored everybody with first some of my old football programmes followed by some old theatre programmes I thought I'd now start a new series about books which I have accumulated over the years an

I've just been for lunch in the old town in Nice and thought I'd have a wander around (which is not quite as easy for me as it is for some, being stuck in a wheelchair) but, anyway, that's beside the

Great to see others like collecting books. I have a fairly good collection of Nottingham and Notts books including many by Douglas Whitworth, also stories by Alan Dance, Joy James and Joan Wallace - a

I don't. Everything they sell, someone else  does it better. More variety and choice, and many times, cheaper too, as in CD's. 

Wetherspoons:

Trent Bridge Inn

Joseph Else(slab square)

Roebuck

Mapperley (the woodthorpe)

Carlton Hill(The Free man)

Canal Street(The Company Inn)

Gooseberry Bush(Peel Street)

William Peverill (Bulwell)

Mansfield Road(The Samuel Hall)

The Last Post(Beeston)

Arnold (Ernedale)

Hucknall(The Pilgrim Oak)

There are others at Bingham,Eastwood & Mansfield

Is that just today's jaunt then BW ?

Bubble, I think you're getting your Waterstones mixed up with Wetherspoons ! Is that wishful thinking ?

• Like 1

Exactly. Not the greatest choice of beers I'm afraid, as they cater for the masses.

1 minute ago, FLY2 said:

Bubble, I think you're getting your Waterstones mixed up with Wetherspoons ! Is that wishful thinking ?

Oops silly me that will teach me to read the posts ...........Stil you wil al know where to find a spoons now wont you? :)

• Upvote 1

The Lion is brilliant, and music to boot !

About two months a go I answered the 'phone and a voice said 'Is that David Birch'. I said 'yes'. She then said that she was from Radio Nottingham and would I like to talk about my railway books. I said 'hang on, I am not that David Birch'. I told her that people had been waiting for ages for the third volume, and that I understood that he had been ill. With that she thanked me and rang off.

• Upvote 1

Sod the real one. You finish it off for us Chulla !

• Like 2
6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

The Lion is brilliant, and music to boot !

They had Titanic Plum Porter Grand Reserve(6.5%)  this afternoon 

One of the best dark beers I've had for quite some time

Published in 2015.

20 pages of this book are related to this thread, covering the line from Upper Broughton to Nottingham Midland. The book includes maps, plans and photos of all the stations in the area covered. Especially of interest is a double-page 1915 map of the eastern part of the area covered by the Midland station.

Untitled_Scanned_02.jpg

Back cover:

Untitled_Scanned_03.jpg

This book in the series has only the Swinderby to Lincoln section of the line outside the county. It also includes the whole of the Rolleston to Mansfield line.  Photos, maps and plans of all stations are included, with a double page map of Nottingham Midland and its western approach.

Published in 2013.

Front cover shows 'Green Arrow' at Swinderby.

Untitled_Scanned_01.jpg

Back cover photos are scenes at Southwell and Newark.

Untitled_Scanned_02.jpg