Nottingham & Notts Books

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having bored everybody with first some of my old football programmes followed by some old theatre programmes I thought I'd now start a new series about books which I have accumulated over the years an

I've just been for lunch in the old town in Nice and thought I'd have a wander around (which is not quite as easy for me as it is for some, being stuck in a wheelchair) but, anyway, that's beside the

Great to see others like collecting books. I have a fairly good collection of Nottingham and Notts books including many by Douglas Whitworth, also stories by Alan Dance, Joy James and Joan Wallace - a

I've just been for lunch in the old town in Nice and thought I'd have a wander around (which is not quite as easy for me as it is for some, being stuck in a wheelchair) but, anyway, that's beside the point.

I came across a secondhand bookshop and in the window, I saw a quite splendid copy of Industrial Archaeology of the East Midlands by David Smith, pub 1965. Complete with dust jacket and library type cover it was priced at €5 (a bit less than £5). The original price was 45/-. I bought it.

I have seen the book before, a very long time ago and I think it's very fortuitous that I've rediscovered it. Why it was in a librairie d'occasion in the South of France, I have no idea.

I'll report more, possibly, when I've had a better look at it. It looks worth what I paid for it, though.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

The 4th edition of "Sandstone Caves Of Nottingham" by Tony Waltham and published by East Midlands Geological Society Nottingham is available. It's only £4.50 and includes photos, plans as well as history.