Catfan's Blog.

Went out first time in nearly a week today. First stop to see a nurse at the Docs then Mrs C took me to the Salvation Army cafe in Bulwell for a hot drink on a very cold Wednesday morning, was nice though to bump into people in the market area who I had not seen for weeks, even people who's name I don't know but who nod & the occasional "Ayup Youth".Although very cold was great to get out & about in Bulwell town, still wheelchair bound but slowly on the mend. I even managed to walk the length of my driveway today, I couldn't do that last week.

Why ever Bulwell gets bad press is beyond me.

• Like 5
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Nice one Mick..........i was across the road as usual.......its right what you say about Bulwell even people who's name you don't know give you the Ey-up don't they,.........ive lived in several parts of the country but i believe Bulwell is the friendliest place.....been looking at Bungalows and apartments (ok flats i'm not posh)......seen some really nice ones.......but not in Bulwell yet........the only place i'd now move to is Spain as a second option.....but Bulwell is tops........

'' Its just the Gypsy in my soul''.......Carnie .....lol.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Nice one Mick..........i was across the road as usual.......its right what you say about Bulwell even people who's name you don't know give you the Ey-up don't they,.........ive lived in several parts of the country but i believe Bulwell is the friendliest place.....been looking at Bungalows and apartments (ok flats i'm not posh)......seen some really nice ones.......but not in Bulwell yet........the only place i'd now move to is Spain as a second option.....but Bulwell is tops........

'' Its just the Gypsy in my soul''.......Carnie .....lol.

I've lived in Bulwell for 42 years Ben & I won't leave.

• Like 1

''People around every corner'

they seem to smile and say'

we don't care what your name is boy'

we'll never turn you away''

Could be Bulwell our Mick............

• Like 1
3 hours ago, catfan said:

Managed to climb in & out the bath myself today, more progress !

Any progress is good progress keep it up, stick to a bath showers are useless.  In a bath you can read have a cuppa stay in  for an hour try doing that in a shower.  Just don't forget to keep you'r water hot.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Went for another CRP blood test today, only problem was the nurse tried 4 attempts to find a vein in my arm & failed, I called a halt to proceedings after that & refused anymore attempts to get blood. I'll go to my usual nurse next time. Good news was CRP down from 50 to 26 last weeks blood test, nearly there !

Had a trip to the new pub/carvery at Nuthall at lunch time.   http://www.nottinghampost.com/whats-on/food-drink/first-look-around-nottinghams-new-910697

Not impressed at all. too expensive & have tasted better. should have gone to 'Spoons ! I refuse to pay £3.20p for a pint of Abbot Ale, 'Spoons price £2.49p !

Apart from these minor setbacks not a bad day really.

• Like 7

Decided to do something different today. Went to church this morning & walked with the wheelchair to see how far I could walk. Oh dear still got a long way to go but leg muscles slowly building up again, getting better though !

• Like 4

I was told after my first knee op that it takes about six weeks for a muscle to waste 

and about six months to get it back. so little and often caftan you'll get there.

• Like 2