Catfan's Blog.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Just been reading comments on Flu Jab can any of you remember before we had this jab and people did get Flu a lot of people died, now I worked with a nurse, and she would say if you do have a cold when you are given the jab it only makes the cold worse, each year they wait to see what strain of Flu will be coming along before they make up the vaccine. 

If any of you went private for your Flu Jab it cost's £5 00 px £10 for the jab and £5 00 for the chemist and these amounts were in 2000. So its up to you either you have it or you don't.

Because of our health problems, I'm pretty sure that if either of us caught the real flu, it would probably finish us off. At the moment we are just in the throes of some chest virus going around. It is knocking us both about.Chris is sleeping just now and his chest is very bad, he had another heart attack scare a few weeks back, so it is taking its toll on him.

My chest is very sore and just had another sleepless night because of it. My dickey ticker has been really going the game for about four days now, so flu is a really scary prospect for us. We darn't turn the jab down, just in case we leave ourselves open to the dreaded flu. I just hope everyone with or without the jab can manage to avoid contracting the flu. Very difficult if you have to go out among the public.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Carni and Chris, so sorry you're both suffering with chest related problems.... keep taking it easy.  Love to you both x

• Like 1

Had it myself for the last fortnight. First time out yesterday afternoon since Christmas Day. Nice to feel the fresh air, but it took its toll on me, and still very weak. Never mind, I must venture out while it's sunny and pay my lottery. 

• Like 1

Just read that the Aussie flu  is spreading in the U.K.   There are several hotspots particularly in parts of Scotland with several people very ill in hospital, but also in some Southern counties of England.   

Experts seem to agree that the best way to avoid it is to have the jab......

• Like 1

I was just reading a news article here that says there are many sick across the USA with "Flu like symptoms."  Emergency rooms are getting overloaded.  When samples are taken and tested the flu virus is only found in relatively few cases, and some of them have had the flu jab.

So then the question becomes. If it isn't the flu, what is it? :(

1 hour ago, loppylugs said:

So then the question becomes. If it isn't the flu, what is it? :(

Distemper. Give 'em a Bob Martins.

• Like 3

Oh how I hate this cold weather, anyway legs well on the mend these days & have booked a few coach holidays for 2018, looking forward to getting about again & visiting new destinations & a few of our favourite one's too !

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nattering to my sister Wendy this morning on the phone & she tells me she is off to my favourite city, Liverpool for 5 days next week with my other sister Pat, lucky sods. I love the place !

Liverpool viewed from New Brighton

P1060269.jpg

P1060314.jpg

P1060306.jpg

• Like 2

Received an appointment letter for a MRI scan at the City Hosp in a week or two. Remembered the last time I thought those machines are a bit claustrophobic , like laying in a coffin, not enough room to swing a cat around !  On a Sunday too.

• Like 1