Catfan's Blog.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Left my sick bed today, felt slightly better this morning. Been a week since I left the house.

Having a wander through Bulwell Market I noticed a bloke dressed as a red indian, it's most likely a bloke named Dave from Hyson Green. He had a portable keyboard & amplifier churning out noises like you would hear down on yer local indian reservation. I expected it to start raining or suddenly going to war ! Gerra proper job was my comment instead of begging.

Went for a cup of coffee in the Sally Army cafe then decided to take Mrc C to 'Spoons acroos the way. Tuesday being steak day was the attraction, not been eating a lot lately.

A 14 Angus steak was ordered for me with Mrc C having a veggie option.

When the steak arrived, again I've had much better in 'Spoons. Tough old leather texture, I just don't know how on earth they have tha audacity to call in Angus steak. I thought I would wear my teeth out on that one.

Come home & went straight back to bed.

'Wethers Angus steak in a previous life.

259477_stock-photo-old-boot.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I've felt quite a bit better today too.  Went out this morning and pressure washed the patio.  Now I feel like I've been pressure washed.  Oh well.  Got to  gerronweit at some point.  Preaching twice again a week on Sunday.  Pastor is taking a weeks holiday.  I'm going to have to do a bit of studying between now and then.  Keep looking up, Mick.

• Like 3

Anyone contacted HMRC lately ?  Tried this morning & what an absolute joke, Phone is answered by an "Alexa" type robot female voice, none of this push button 1 for this & button 9 for that milarky, no sir it gets worse. "Plese speak your NI number" she said, after three attempts she still did not understand what I said, in the end I gave up after waiting a further 20 minutes to speak to a human.

Imagine Mr Gupta down at the corner shop or the family of Poles up the street, they would have no chance. Technology in 21st century Britain ? Good grief.

I see the police are out in force around Bulwell according to the NEP enforcing anti - truancy measures in the district. Too many kids not attending school it seems, no one challenged me yesterday about not being in school !  I wish.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've had a run in with one or two of those computers.  Sat' tv is a big user of them.  I thought maybe it was just my Nottingham accent.  I'm sick of those things.  They are just too cheap to hire a human being to answer the phone and direct the call.

BT are by far the worst. I invariably get someone 5,000 to the east with the technical knowledge of a goldfish !

• Like 3

I was on the phone to one of their muffins late one Sunday night last year. After 20 minutes, I was told they couldn't fix it and arranged an engineers visit in eight days time. I gave up, and rummaged through my bits and bobs and changed the ISDL filter or something similar. Hey Presto, instant success !

Iv'e used the "Gateway" several times,just sign in wait for the code number to come through on my mobile phone (about 5 seconds) and I'm in,as RR said owt you want to know about NI,tax,pensions etc is there,wouldn't bother phoning them,waste of my time

Rog

• Like 1

Arrived \t the QMC eye clinic as planned,very nearly didn't go to feeling so unwell but Bulwell lads will soldier on regardless !   You're at the wrong clinic the receptionist said, no, I'm at he right clinic I protest, changed this morning to the Macular clinic upstairs instead.

Arrived there & went the same procedure as fortnight ago, eye test. consultation, eyes photographed  then further consultation.

o the eye center

You're eye pressures are fine but the Oedema in your right eye is to close to the eye center, because both eyes are still swollen we will wait a couple of months before we progress with injections. Complete & utter waste of time, all this was done a fortnight ago.

Don't know what nationality the consultant was but she didn;t share the Bulwell humour. 

You are not driving these days are you ? Oh yes I'm a corpo bus driver I said with a straight face, The colour from her face suddenly drained to a grey white colour !"carry me 

You must NOT be driving she said, when I explained that was in a previous life she eventually saw the funny side of things.

Anyway was a waste of time today now back at home cuddled up in bed with Mrs C, I think she is getting what I've got. I certainly hope not cos who going to carry me about ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Loppy is right, Catfan. You need another cat! It's official! :rolleyes:

But what about those lovely coach trips?

• Like 2

As much as Sue & I would love a cat or 2, the decision was made when we lost Monty, too much sadness over the years makes it more unbearable to own another pet, it would be so easy to adopt a pet but for this.

Anyway as Margie says, "What about those lovely coach holidays"  ?

We're booked up now for this year !

• Like 4

Feeling a little better today, awake most of the night. If Isleep in the daytime I don't sleep at night, I had to despatch Mrs C to the bathroom medicine cabinet & 3am to get me a pair of painkillers & a glass of water, she is worth her weight in gold !

Anyway most probably tackle a small bowl of Mrs Cs stew later, a cure for everything she keeps telling me !

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Are we wearing him down yet? ;)

I don't think it's working, Jill.  Mick knows it's just good natured ribbing, and I can understand his point.  I do sincerely believe they are good for us though.

As far as I can see the biggest problem with any pets is when you need / want to take a trip.  I used to leave my old Lab at a kennel, but I always felt lousy about it.  Like I was stabbing him in the back.  We have always taken Jake with us, He's been to Niagara Falls and Alberta.  Thousands of miles on the road.   Many motels seem to be dog friendly these days.  Even then it can be a problem when you want to go into a restaurant.  You can't think of leaving them in a hot car and I certainly wouldn't. Now we have two.  Doesn't bother me that much now as I am not so much into travel. Gerrin ode!  Bothers Mrs L more than me.   BTW.  I don't mean I'm sitting in a chair all day.  I'm very active.  Just a homebody.  There's always lots to do around the kennel here.  Our kids live too far away to dog sit for us.  We had a friend of Mrs. L's to house and dogsit a couple of times, but she now has health issues and can't do it.  So we are out of options.

Hoping you're feeling better, Mick.

• Like 2