Catfan's Blog.

Thought I'd start my own blog for a change.

Had a 35 bus ride to the QMC Glaucoma Clinic this morning (bus is more reliable than the tram ).

Eyes tested, eye drops applied, photo's taken. Consultant examined eyes & said that the laser treatment I had back in January was completely successful ! Pressures in the eyes only half of what they were in January !

BUT he said, having had a good look at yer eyes you will have to have more laser treatment for the Macular Oedema very soon. "Not nice", or something similar I thought .

Back in Bulwell called in to the Salvasion Army Oasis cafe for a latte & Mrs C found me a nice Jeff Banks 3/4 length coat  in perfect condition for a fiver !

Walked past Lloyds bank & checked my account, first months OA Pension gone in albeit 2 weeks late. A lifetime of graft for a meagre monthly pittance I thought, anyway continuing on through the market place I noticed the flower seller getting ready to knock off for the day & he was selling bunches of flowers for £2 a bunch or 4 bunches for a fiver. Being the daft old softie I am & knowing how to woo a woman (Benjamin will testify) I decided to invest some of my newly found wealth courtesy of HM Govt & treat Mrs C to a bunch of flowers. In a moment of madness I bought her 4 bunches for a fiver instead. Here you go I said, 4 bunches of flowers for the next 4 weeks !

Mrs C got a gud un in me !!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Catfan, Someone is bound to comment that they always knew you were a good blogger, so I innocently thought I"d say it first xx

• Like 4

Only jesting Ann, you're fortunate to have a man who thinks to buy you flowers every week!   Mine even struggles with birthday cards ......... the other year he gave me a card on my birthday which said 'Happy Anniversary' !! Shouldn't grumble though, he's ok really! 

• Like 1

I bought some flowers for Mrs. L onetime.  The gal on the checkout asked, "Is it your wife's birthday?"  I told her no.  Before I could say anything else she asked.  "What have you done?"  :biggrin:

BTW that's not the way it sounds.  I do buy her flowers more than one time. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, annswabey said:

You're slacking, Catfan!  We've been married for 27 years and I've had at least one bunch of flowers every week

There's more things than a bunch of flowers to show a woman the appreciation she deserves ;)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, catfan said:

There's more things than a bunch of flowers to show a woman the appreciation she deserves

The new lawn mower and ironing board for example

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Plus a set of spanners, and a variety of paint brushes !

• Like 2

Mrs C outside mowing the lawn, she likes her new mower.

Went to Bulwell this morning called in at Wilko's & Mrs C mentioned she needed to give the door steps a fresh coat of paint. Bought her a tin of step paint, flowers the other day,now paint as well, you can see how much I spoil her !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It seems that my appointment at the QMC on Saturday eye dept did some good after all. Received appointment in the post this morning for next Thursday at 9.20am !

Ungodly hour tho.don't they ever sleep ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1