Catfan's Blog.

Good to read you are on the mend Mick, it sounds like Mrs C is not only a good nurse but a good cook,gardener,decorator,shopper,flower aranger,housekeeper, and most of all WIFE

Rog

• Like 2
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Still not feeling anywhere near 100%. Many weeks ago Mrs C made arrangements for us to go  to Bilsthorpe today to visit her dad & stepmum on the occasion of their 49th wedding anniversary.

Sat thinking the other night & I wasn't looking forward to the bus ride to Bilsthorpe. Corpo bus to town fine but the Sherwood Arrow bus is a lot shake rattle & roll, absolutely hate that ride. So a flash of inspiration occured to me, give my lad a ring, when you off this week youth ? Monday - Tuesday dad. Great woorrabout taking Mrs C to Bilsthorpe for me ? Yep, no problem dad he says.

Now when Mrs C visits her dad & step mum she always takes plenty of tin food, Fray Bentos pies, tins of ham, beans, Irish Stew ,Rice Pudding etc. Her thinking is with her parents living out in the wildernes called Bilsthorpe then when winter arrives they have plenty of snap in reserve just in case the weather is exceptionally bad & her dad can't get to the shop in the village. Trouble is Mrs C looks a bit like sherpa Tensing carrying a large rucksack on her back & towing her shopping trolley behind her through Bulwell. !

The beauty is my lad will take her door to door & I'm £10 bus fare for Mrs C better off. And I don't have to put up with a mornings earache from Mrs Cs step mum either, you could say a good result !

Actually thinking about it I'm feeling a bit better already !

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Always, as ever thinking about Mrs C, getting her to her dads and back,very thoughtful of you Mick,a few more points in the husband of the year race

Rog

• Like 1

Had a wander down to the health centre this morning. Couldn't get in to see the doc, (typical) so made an appointment to see an advancd nurse practitioner instead. The difference is that these nurses can prescribe medication for patients.

What a revelation, no messing about, temp taken, blood taken, say arhh with the stick in the gob, 20 questions asked. Listened to my ticker & even did a prescription review while I was there. Very thorough. Unlike some doctors who never lift their eyes off their PC monitor.

Looks like you have a Flu type virus, drink plenty, not booze, she pointed out straight away !

Mrs C has brought me home & she has nipped to Tesco to get me prescription, to try & get me eating proper again.

Thinking about it, at least we have a NHS, some people today are a lot worse off.

• Like 3

I always refer to them as doctors apprentices ;).   I'm not knocking them.  It just rubs me the wrong way when you are paying a co pay for a doctor that you have not really seen a doctor anyway.  If you wanted your house rewired seems like you would want a fully qualified electrician to do it.  That's what you are paying for.

As far as the medical 'profession' is concerned I try to stay as far away from them as possible.  Rant over ;)

I'm sure I got more attention & more time Dave, not like a production line scenario either, But I take your point of course, doctoring on the cheap. Of course never helps when some paitients turn up with the trivialist of reasons to see the doc !

• Like 2

It's the same at our local centre. Have to say, it can be quite effective, the use of skills and matching to patients actual needs. So long as they can keep it like that. Missus's friend's daughter is a hospital charge nurse and recently decided she wanted to train as a doctor. She's spent several months on a weekend course to prepare her for a preliminary exam which she took the other week. When her mum asked how she thought she'd fared, she admitted most of it she didn't have a clue!

This afternoon Mrs C & I had a gentle wander down to the Baptist Church. Many months ago I was asked if I would go along & preach at the Ladies Guild, nowadays because of PC it's called the Thursday Guild instead. Even churches it seems get caught up in this PC milarky. I really wasn't feeling up to the stroll to the church what isn't far away to be honest but I had made a promise I intended to keep.

So at the appointed time we arrived & after a while I was asked to preach, never done it before but highly recommended ! Loosely I talked about Luke 15 v1 - 7. A nice heartwarming story, which fell in nicely. No rotten tomatoes or eggs were thrown in fact I've been invited back again in the new year !

For my payment I was presented with a bunch of flowers which I promptly presented to Mrs C ! What a gud un she's got in me !!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a visit fro the OOH Doctor, not bad after waiting nearly 7 hours, BUT they are extremely busy, not complaining. 

Seems my pain killers not lasting long, was up to 6 hours between doses, now down to 2 hours or so, problem is can only take 4 times a day. Been climbing the walls with awful pain.

After a thorough examination she prescribed another batch of PKs, Mrs C dispatched to Tesco pharmacy.

Still trying to rest in bed, at least it gets me out of having to dry the pots !

Mrs C an absolute star.

• Like 1

Hope the new PK's work this time Mike,don't like to hear of you being in pain,get better soon

Rog

Good of you to let Mrs C fetch your PK's as well

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with you, that a good Forest win, and a couple of Hobgoblins wouldn't put right ! Come on Mike, chin up !

• Like 1

I can send Ben down on the bus he likes nothing better than cuddling up in bed, he's a lazy little beggar. Also good a getting things but dont send him for anything edible be gone by time he gets back.   Hope you will be back to normal soon, take care of yourself and MrsC.

• Like 1