Catfan's Blog.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

I'm late to the party too Mike but I do hope you get sorted out soon.

Col

• Like 1

I keep checking in catfan, hoping to read that things are improving for you Miduck. I hope the Morphine can carry on bringing you some comfort  and the Docs can find your problem quickly and get you on the road to recovery. Best wishes catfan.x

• Like 1

The highlight of my day was a visit from Mrs C & she gave me a shave & a bed bath top to tale. Was beginning to look unshaven like that DJ 360 bloke !

No offence Col .

Had a small bite to eat.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, catfan said:

The highlight of my day was a visit from Mrs C & she gave me a shave & a bed bath top to tale. Was beginning to look unshaven like that DJ 360 bloke !

No offence Col .

Had a small bite to eat.

How very dare you !!! ;)

I'll have you know I shave every day...

Just my neck though...

• Like 1

Just bought a new Phillishave today.  My old one still works but it is missing a beat now and then so I think it might expire one of these days.  I've had it more than twenty years so I don't think it owes me much.   The new one seems flimsier I wonder if it will hold up for twenty odd years.  If it did I'd be 93 by then.  ;)   Time will tell I guess.

• Like 3

Please send him a moggy, Jill.  Even if it's only for a week or two.  I think our lad's suffering from cat withdrawal even if he doesn't know it and the doctors will never get it. ;)  Do you have RentaCat, over there? :unsure:

Seriously though. You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Hang in there buddy.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ay up Catfan! I've been on moggie duty this morning. They were all very concerned to hear you've been kept in by the V E T! They all send their love and best wishes, hoping you're back at your scratching post asap! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hope the catheter will make you more comfortable, Catfan.  Unlike some others on here, I don't think having a cat 'paddling / padding"' on your lap would be a good thing at the moment - wouldn't help the leg pain or those other sensitive areas!  Love and prayers to you both, as always xx

• Like 2
1 hour ago, catfan said:

Just had catheter installed.

Not good news. Get rid as soon as possible! Those things are targets for infections. My mother needed an indwelling catheter and it gave more trouble than a little. Ok in an emergency but, otherwise, not.

There is more risk of infection for females who have catheters in place.   Male catheters are further away from potential spread of infection!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Hope the catheter will make you more comfortable, Catfan.  Unlike some others on here, I don't think having a cat 'paddling / padding"' on your lap would be a good thing at the moment - wouldn't help the leg pain or those other sensitive areas!  Love and prayers to you both, as always xx

I'm sure you are right, Margie.  We're just trying to cheer the lad up.  Help him to feel better.  It's pretty much all we can do.  ;). Apart from prayer that is.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Male catheters are further away from potential spread of infection!

So much potential in those few words Margie!  ;)  I am gritting my teeth.. sitting on my hands and saying nowt!!

Keep yer chin up Mike!

Col

• Like 1

Dab in and get better Mick..............look at all the space you taking up on here...........nearly as much as the Tram............lol

• Like 3