Catfan's Blog.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

There is more risk of infection for females who have catheters in place.   Male catheters are further away from potential spread of infection!

Yes Margie! Eventually, because my mother hated having an indwelling catheter, I had to be taught to catheterise her myself on a daily basis in order to empty her bladder which had ceased working. It didn't help that I was supplied with 'male' catheters! You have to laugh in these situations, otherwise you'd sit down and cry! The district nurses didn't want to know, so It was me or no one!

Not the kind of task you want to be doing for your mum! If I hadn't, she'd have suffered kidney failure.

Either way, I think they are emergency use only. 87  year old auntie had one fitted after a hip replacement. Consultant went ballistic and ordered it removed immediately. Accused the ward staff of "lazy nursing". 

• Like 1

My mum has to have a permanent catheter. She has Interstial Cystitis and had to have monthly instillations into her bladder.. A week ago the urologist has eliminated the instillations and she now has this catheter. I have to change the bag every other day and the nurse will come every 2 weeks to change the catheter itself. 

Its not what we wanted for her but on the whole its better for her because of the visits she has to do always with an ambulance and all the movement onto the examining couch especially after a hip replacement. She now cannot walk.

Sorry to hear you are not too good Catfan all the best for a quick recovery. Its not nice having to stay in bed especially if you're an active person. Get well soon.

• Like 1

What time do they bring the Hobgoblin round, Catfan! Item on the news today about discharging hospital patients to people's spare rooms! Whatever next? Maybe nurse Chulla might step in....but Margie would be a better bet!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hang in there Mike!  I'm sure they'll get you sorted out.

Col

• Like 1

So sorry to hear that Catfan, especially as it’s not long ago when you thought it was all under control.  Thinking of you and have faith in those doctors, they’ll get you sorted x

• Like 1

You'll be fine, Catfan - at least the insulin needles are tiny... I   hope the leg pain is under better control now xx. 

• Like 1

My brother was diabetic, thought he knew better than the doctors and caused himself all sorts of problems. Please for family and friends sake, for Bulwells sake and the sake of Wethers follow the medical advise to the letter. It can get a bit tedious but a 'normal' life is possible once it's under control. Get well soon

• Like 1
14 hours ago, MargieH said:

You'll be fine, Catfan - at least the insulin needles are tiny... I   hope the leg pain is under better control now xx. 

Unable to walk at all Nargie.a bit scary really

6 hours ago, Brew said:

My brother was diabetic, thought he knew better than the doctors and caused himself all sorts of problems. Please for family and friends sake, for Bulwells sake and the sake of Wethers follow the medical advise to the letter. It can get a bit tedious but a 'normal' life is possible once it's under control. Get well soon

We all think we know  !.better Brew that.s  why we end up inhospital !

Sorry to hear about the diabetes Catfan, as we know its a horrible insidious disease, hope the insulin helps and you will improve very soon. Stay strong.

• Like 1