Catfan's Blog.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Just had a young physio bloke take me for a short walk around the ward & we got chatting as you do & it transpires he is a Bulwell Lad ! Born & bred.

Was like bing back in Bulwell again. Made my day !

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Thought about you in 'Wethers' this morning Catfan...............got called 'you guys'....'babe'....and 'Dude'...........quite liked 'Dude'..........lol.

• Like 3

Don.t think yet Rog.still struggling to walk about also blood prrssure too low. Also need to have a driving lesson regarding insulin injecting.thinking of forming an escape committee. !

• Like 4

I'll bring a spade and start digging a tunnel, Chulla will have the getaway car revved up and ready and Ben will distract the nurses

Rog

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Chulla will have the getaway car revved up and ready and Ben will distract the nurses

The only flaw in this plan, Rog, is that  whilst Ben is distracting the nurses, the nurses will distract Chulla! You know what he's like! :blink:

• Like 5

You’ll soon get used to injecting yourself Catfan.  I was out for lunch recently with a friend who has Type 1 Diabetes, she calmly fished a needle out of her bag and jabbed it in, through her clothes. No bother.  I expect you’re finding it all a bit daunting but in a short time you won’t even think about it.  

After my surgery the other month I had to inject myself daily for 28 days with Heparin, an anti-coagulant. I wasn’t looking forward to it but got used to it. 

The important thing Catfan is that you’re improving and will soon be home to Mrs C and Bulwell.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You'll be fine Mike.

I had to have that Heparin for a suspected Deep Vein Thrombosis a few years ago.  They sent a nurse round every day for a week to stab me in the belly.  It stung a bit but otherwise I remember thinking that if they showed me how, I could have easily done it myself. 

Rock hard me...  :wub:

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The only flaw in this plan, Rog, is that  whilst Ben is distracting the nurses, the nurses will distract Chulla! You know what he's like! :blink:

Who me? Butter wouldn't melt in my mouth; I'm one of God's little angels. Besides, we Buddhist  leaders steer well clear of temptresses.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

That's why you were fraternising with Johanna Lumley, then? ;)

No, I was just cadging a fag off her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Physio had me climbing a few stairs this morning. Passed with flying colours. Doc wants catheter out All looking good for an imminent release.possibly weekend ish.Bulwell beckons !

• Like 6

Great news Catfan, you should be able to sit upstairs on the bus home now then, maybe pop into Sam Hall’s on the way through!  Fingers crossed you’re released for the weekend. 

• Like 1

Looking good so far Lizzie but this place like a spiders web. Not easy to get out once trapped inside. Seen too many diappointed patients re telease dates.

Sadly if out for Saturday won.t be able to get to SH  am just a physical wreck. Not in any fit state to do anything. That is a real disappointment to me.

As you know that Dawson character is my best mate.

Mrs C is making arrangments for me to meet Ian if not here then at my home. As yet not sure of anything release wise. But i live in hope making slow progress which is good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On second thoughts & If all goes to plan I will make the SH on Saturday.

This is a good challenge for me to aim at something i want to do. Also be great to see some of your lot again !!.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 3