Catfan's Blog.

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia

Absolutely awful experience. My diabetes nurse immediatly withdrew the insulin & been monitoring my BG levels ever since. All totally normal I'm pleased to say without any medication at all. BG now back at my old levels of 2 years ago !

Legs are still a bit "iffy" having to entrust Mrs C to drive my wheelchair about (scary) !

All things considered, on the mend.

• Like 9
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Good news soon be back to your best all in time for Christmas. Make sure you keep on Mrs C's  good side so easy to say ooops i think I left the brake off as you go careering down a hill.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brew said:

Brilliant news, I wonder if his Lamaness the Blessed Chulla did a 'laying on of hands' when he visited you?

Sorry Brew, but when I went to his ward they would not let me see him. When I got back to my mountain palace I spun a few prayer wheels for him, Seems to have done the trick.

Jill. Sorry you won't be able to make the brekk-sit tomorrow morning. I had my saffron robe dry-cleaned and the Joanna Lumley cigarette burns invisibly mended for the occasion. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chulla said:

Jill. Sorry you won't be able to make the brekk-sit tomorrow morning. I had my saffron robe dry-cleaned and the Joanna Lumley cigarette burns invisibly mended for the occasion. 

You went to all that trouble just for me? I'm honoured!

I'd love to join you but I've got this chap in my bathroom....he's got a few hammers an all! :wacko:

• Like 4

The secret of many trades if it's not working.

1 - You're not hitting it hard enough

2 - You need a bigger hammer

Back in the 70s as a gunnery instructor one of the mantras was 'never use undo force' as the REME gun tech said it really means as Brew said (a) your not hitting hard enough (b) you need a bigger hammer, he was removing a 76mm jammed breech block at the time, tool of choice 2lb lump hammer;)

Went to see my diabetes nurse this morning & all looking good, all BG readings within limits, no medication at this stage required, carry on what you're doing she said.

Jobs a gud un !

• Like 6

Don't worry about the socks Mick.  I used to be able to stand on one leg while I pulled one on.  Then  same for the other leg.  Can't do it now I have to put me foot on the end of the bed or I'd fall over.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2