Catfan's Blog.

Went to the dentist this morning to get my tooth filled, never felt a thing !

Going for a trial walk tomorrow hopefully to Bulwell. Will take my walker to hang on to & keep taking a rest to let my legs recover. I reckon about four "Stints" should do it, at least if I make it I can say I walked to Bulwell before Christmas as I planned to !

• Like 5
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

As threatened, just returned from my walk in to Bulwell & back again. Set off at a nice gentle pace with Mrs C, stopped a few times to rest my legs, browsed one or two charity shops & finished in the Salvation Army cafe for a cup of tea. Wasn't easy but very satisfied with mesen, first walk in nearly 3 months ! So my goal to walk to Bulwell before Christmas is realised. Christmas is early this year !   PTL.

My lad calling around later to take me & Mrs C to see her parents in Bilsthorpe & deliver their festive goodies, not seen them in many months either.

• Like 4

I want to give you a double 'like' for telling us about your walk this morning.  PTL indeed!

Enjoy the rest of your day, but take it gently... there's always the temptation to do too much..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catfan said:

Wasn't easy but very satisfied with mesen, first walk in nearly 3 months

Just come on and seen your post catfan. Good on you Miduck, you are going the right way. Hope you have a happy visit with your relatives in Bilsthorpe, my mothers birthplace. Gotta be good. Well done and a Happy Christmas to you and Sue.

• Like 1

Went for my fortnightly blood tedt today. The phlebotomist lady was really good, no pain, needle straight in & blood taken, jobs a gud un. She just laughed when I told her about last weeks episodes wher four attempts were made unsuccessfully to get blood.

Hopefully this test will see me in the normal range again for CRP !

• Like 1

Dont think Ive read any members blogs, but this one caught my attention. First of all well done it seems you're making great progress.

My mum since she had her hip replacement she is refusing to walk,  we bought her one of these tall walkers that gives her all the support she need  but shies away from using it. I am getting really angry and upset that she doesnt even try. She walked in the hospital before she came out but she says that no one helps her to walk , so whats the point , "theres no where to walk here. " Sorry but we havent the long corridors that were in the hospital. 

Well done Catfan  I admire anyone that tries hard and keeps trying .

• Like 2

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off.

The last SH meetup was very hard, The next one will be a doddle !

• Like 9

I had my first ever flu jab this year and some bleddy good it did! I am only just getting over being quite poorly over Christmas, I did even get dressed for three days!

I keep away from 'em, Brew.  I've known a lot of folks to have the flu jab and end up sicker than a dog.  I took my dog to the vets for a Rabies shot yesterday.  We have to do that it is the law.  The vet was trying to sell me on other shots.  I politely told him NO.  Both my dogs were vaccinated for kennel cough a year or so ago.  Neighbors dogs came down with it and so did mine.  Fat lot of good that was.

I decided to have mine after always resisting the temptation. After my recent health problems I realised life is more fragile than we think, one simple infection laid me up for over 3 months, not worth taking the risk, more so now them  bleddy Aussies are sending us their flu here  !

I'm not trying to persuade you, Mick.  :). I am a great believer in allowing each one to make their own choices based on their own health needs.  It is said that the flu doesn't kill many, it's the complications like Pneumonia that can arise from it.  Problem with the flu shots seems to be that when they make the vaccine they are not really sure which strain will come up each year.