Catfan's Blog.

Jill...  I may have posted this before if so please forgive.   

I had  had an old retired doctor lived near me for a while.  We were chatting one day and he told me he was glad to be out of it.  Doctoring by numbers he called it.  If this number comes up prescribe this drug.  He said he did not have time to just chat to his patients and get to know them anymore..  Sad.

• Like 2
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to walk in to Bulwell with Mrs C & Christmas was the goal. Got my legs working better by walking up & down the stairs, hard work but paid off. The last SH meetup was very hard, T

Age is just an irrelevant number, my body feels like a 90 year old with new bits added that don't work well, but I am still told to grow up. Having children young has many advantages ,you grow up with

Got kicked out the QMC last week & realised I was having daytime & nightime "Hypo's due to low blood glucose levels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia Absolutely awful exper

Appeared in front of the nurse at the appointed hour & had my ear oles jetwashed ! Certainly felt like it a bit, hearing again in stereo instead of mono. Before leaving she injected me with the Pneumococcal vaccine, so all done & dusted, hearing perfect again. PRAISE THE LORD !!

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Been for a blood test this morning, new nurse, brilliant never felt a thing. Diabetic annual review coming up. Blood glucose readings been excellent so not particularly worried. All back to normal I reckon ! Will know in a week or so.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2018 at 12:08 PM, catfan said:

I was most surprised when I rang the Doc's this morning to get an appointment with a nurse today ! Normally at least a few days required, so I get to see the diabetes nurse to have my ears syringed this afternoon, been deaf all weekend, private clinic want £80 !!

Tried to talk Mrs C in to poking out me tabs with a screwdriver but she refused. ! wereno1

This reminds me of a GCSE Human Biology exam back in the 1980s. The syllabus included learning about first aid. For the exam candidates had to know that if someone got something stuck in their ear the thing to do was to take them to the doctor's surgery or A and E. There was a question about this in the exam. When the examiner's report was published after the results came out the comment about this was:

In the question about removing a foreign body from the ear canal, too many candidates answered "blow through from the other side". 

Something about not listening!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

As promised I took my beloved Mrs C a cruise as promised to celebrate our 24 wedding anniversary.

We set off for Portsmouth last Monday & arrived just after lunchtime, seeing this boat Mrs C got quite excited, ooh is that our boat she asked ?

P1050980.jpg

Err no, not that one this one,

P1090124.jpg

So we set off on a cruise down the Solent to the IOW for a five day break staying at Shanklin old village, lovely !

No Spoon's there but a half decent pub named the Crab. Our hotel full of pensioners from Nottingham !

P1090138.jpg

Took the train to Ryde, the Island trains are old London underground train built in 1938 & still going strong apart from a few rattles.

P1090155.jpg

After a walk around we saw this & decided to take a blast up to Portsmouth & back !

P1090159.jpg

Just like an airplane inside.

P1090244.jpg

• Like 7

caftan Congratulation's on your 24 Wedding Anniversary you both look very happy don't forget though next anniversary in 25 SILVER. So you had better start saving.

• Like 1

Good job Catfan, anniversaries  such as yours are getting quite a rarity now days. I wonder how many who tied knot this summer will make it...

• Like 1