Where in History would you like to have lived?

Do not forsake me oh my darling'.............its gonna be my life for hisen''................loved it................

• Like 1

Glamorized a bit.  I'm sure a bullet through any part of the body would not be pretty.  Don't get me wrong.  I enjoyed the old Westerns, but I think they greatly sanitized a period that probably saw a lot of grief and agony for all parties.

I remember 'The man who shot Liberty Valance'  Took a gal to see it in the early sixties.  Old John Wayne did his usual stuff.  Valance was just plain nasty.  It was good to see him get what he deserved but it would not have been pretty in real life.

• Like 1

Magnificent Seven was one of my favourites.

as Benjamin45 say's

"High Noon" watch that big hand move along reaching high  noon. He made a vowel while in state prison its going to be my life or his'n

carry on Benjamin45 

Frankie Lane  I belive sang the song for the film.

• Like 2

Mary. are you certain it was not a consonant he made while in State prison.

Tex Ritter sang the song in the film.

• Like 1

Loppy's mention of tenderfoot cowboys reminded me that I have a Bing Crosby 78 of him sin

ging 'Tenderfoot'. Always liked it, so I thought you might like to hear it, (Ha!, fat chance)

I wouldn't have minded being born in the 30's, as I could have seen more steam engines, especially the transition into nationalisation, but overall, being born in 1945 was ok by me.

Although, a period of strife, struggle and austerity, I was always well fed, always had holidays, always had reasonable amounts of spending money. Lived in decent housing, certainly after the mid 1950's, enjoyed good medical care, education and lived in a relatively peaceful world. So, overall, there's not much I would change. 

• Like 2

1880 would be my year of choice, wearing those beautiful clothes and big hats. When i was older joining the suffragette movement how i would have loved that, a great turning point for women. I have a photograph of my great aunt at a meeting maybe i could superimpose my face onto hers and pretend.  Hubby says i am losing the plot.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mary1947 said:

Magnificent Seven was one of my favourites.

as Benjamin45 say's

"High Noon" watch that big hand move along reaching high  noon. He made a vowel while in state prison its going to be my life or his'n

carry on Benjamin45 

Frankie Lane  I belive sang the song for the film.

Do not foresake me oh my Darling'.........................for i must face the man who hates..me...........your turn Mary...............lol

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:41 AM, benjamin1945 said:

Do not foresake me oh my Darling'.........................for i must face the man who hates..me...........your turn Mary...............lol

I met a man while in state prison vowed it would me my life for his'en  

your turn benjamin1945 sorry its 5 35 am and I'm repeating my self  I think the song went like this look at that big hand move along reaching high noon, do not forsake me oh my darling, on this our wedding day!

Sorry Chulla maybe your right about the person who sang the song in the film.

Well I'm off on my holls to-morrow taxi picking up at 3 00am 

Hopefully see you all at next meeting

• Like 1

For i must face the man who hates me,

or die a coward a craven coward........................nice one Mary..........have a good holiday...........

thanks benji hopefully see you at next meeting

• Like 1

I want some of that magic shaving cream they have in cowboys films. Guy sits in the chair, and is called out before the barber shaves him. a qucik wipe of the foam and bingo! he's clean shaven.

• Like 1