What would you relive if you could?

We were chatting about old song lyrics on How's your day this morning.  So often we associate a particular song or tune with events in our lives.

That got me thinking.  (A rare event)  :rolleyes:  If you could relive a particular event or events in your life.  What would they be?  Doesn't have to be associated with a song. or romantic episodes (Ben, take note) ;)     I'm not saying change the event.  Just relive a particular event day from morning 'til night if necessary.  Lets keep it family rated. ;)   Beyond that anything goes.

There's so many events I'd like to re-live..... don't know where to start.  I often relive  them in my memory (as we all do) but sometimes wonder if I'm seeing some of them through rose-tinted glasses?   There are lots of days in my teenage years that were very special to me - going out dancing and meeting new boyfriends come to mind, but especially the day I met Paul.  I'd like to re-live our Wedding Day and take in all the details - it seemed to pass so quickly, and I'd also love to re-live the first time I saw each of our babies.  I'd like to have the opportunity to be with my lovely mum and dad as well - any day, any time.....

• Like 3

I would not like to re live any event. The most momentous events in my life like births of our children, regaining sight and hearing, are set in stone in my memory. Any replay can only shade those memories. 

• Like 3

I'm sort of like Margie it would probably have to be my first wedding day.  It all went by so fast.  Too fast.   I only have one regret and it bothers me to this day.  I'd been told by somebody or other that it was very unlucky to turn around and look at your bride as she came down the isle while you were standing at the front.  So I didn't turn around. I was still superstitious back then.  She didn't tell me until years later that this really upset her, didn't I care or what?  I explained and I think all remained o-k after that.  Superstition, load of rubbish.  I believe that now, but the damage was done.  I missed a treat because of that.

Funniest part was when we went back to her house so she could change into her traveling clothes.  I was standing in the hall looking useless while she was upstairs getting changed.  Her mother, who was very straight laced, saw me and said,  "Where's Janet?"  Upstairs getting changed, said Loppy.   "Well,  get up there and help her!" said mum.  My gastered was thoroughly flabbered.  I ran up those stairs like a rat up a drainpipe.  By which time she was already changed.  Happy days!!!  (I don't think I was EVER allowed upstairs before the wedding day)

Catfan    "My first proper kiss with my childhood sweetheart."

Yeah!!!!!!   She laid a smacker on me when I took her home from our first meeting at the YMCA dance.  Just about blew me ears off. :crazy:  I don't know whether I believe in love at first sight to this day.  It sure was a good start though.  Lol.  I went home three feet off the ground.

Not implying my second wedding day was inferior, just different.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Loppy more or less banned me from this Topic, on grounds of romantic episodes i might mention, then nearly all posts have been such,

Please lift the ban Loppy, Lol,

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That doesn't sound like our Loppy! I'm sure he's as fascinated as the rest of us by your amorous encounters, Ben.

You have my permission to spill the beans.

We're all sitting comfortably, so you can begin.....Once upon a time, there was a cheeky little lad from Bestwood....:rolleyes:

• Like 3

Lol, I'm 72 and might not live long enough to write it, 

Anyway I'm right busy at work now 

• Like 1

It's a bit damp for ball throwing this morning or I would have been out there.  

There's another flippin' 'urricane coming.  This one is named Nate.  Predicted to pass West of us, but that could shift one way or the other.  Supposed to be less powerful than Irma was but still a good blow and lots of rain.  Often seems to result in power cuts so if I disappear for a bit that will be why.

I'm supposed to be preaching twice tomorrow.  Might be a bit lonely, assuming I make it myself.  The storm is scheduled for Sunday afternoon.  Joys of the Sahth!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

New Year's Eve 1966. I went to a great party in Southend-on-Sea and had a wonderful time listening to Radio Caroline's New Year Party on the radio and partying like mad at my girlfriend's house whilst her parents were away at a relative's for the night.  In addition to the usual cuddles, kisses and some of the old 'what-not' we played old fashioned games like hit the blind man (Two people blindfolded and lying on the floor belting hell out of each other with rolled up newspapers; postman's knock for teenagers; hide and seek - rewards from the girls when you found them ;) and many, many more.....great times.

• Like 2

Thanks for lifting the ban Loppy.........there are so many memorable days from yester-year.........i won't bore you with all of em.........obviuosly Weddings and childrens births were magic times,........even some divorce days were memorable...along with days my kids made me proud Uni graduation and passing out days in the Army..........and serving in War Zones.....but i won't go on about them it gets to deep.

So one from way back in 1965 i will relate............twas xmas and a friend from Tamworth invited me and my girl friend down for xmas eve and day.......Katrina from Carlton...........we caught a Bartons bus to Tamworth,and went straight to my mates rented flat where he lived with his girlfriend, it was a huge place and when we got there the place was packed with my mates 'Brummy' pals...........never been made so welcome (he didnt think id come) before,........anyway everything was flowing and i mean everything lol,...........a fight broke out early on (nowt to do with me) it was taken outside where several more fights broke out.......the Police attended and carted several blokes off........soon after it all flared up again.......Police attended again.........and several more were taken away, cut a long story short by mid-night there were me,my mate,3 of his brummy pals and about 20 girls.............what a night.....suffice to say.........i only remember being woken by Katrina at about 6am..............in the bath wearing only a pair of Leather Gloves and they wer'nt mine.............she was crying,so what had gone off i still don't know............all ended happilly.....we all gathered at some pub in Tamworth at xmas day lunch time..........even the ones the Police carted off...........love Brummies as well as geezers,.........lost touch with my mate from Tamworth and his lovely girl friend Doreen.............happy days...........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Should I re-impose the ban Jill?  

I was speechless 'cos I've never been to such a do in me life!  :).  I must have lived a sheltered life.  :biggrin:

The original question was, What would you like to re-live?  I can think of a few things that may have been fun at the time but I would definitely not want to relive them.

No!  I don't think I'll re impose the ban.  There was never one to start with.  Lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh Loppy love to meet ya..............if you ever get over here again i promise to pick you up from any airport...............

• Like 1