• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only on Nottstalgia...........

Yes i know that John...........you are my cousin.......so much i could relate to you.......about your lovely family......and mine,.....last saw your Mam and Dad in Bulwell Coop..............daft as it

It's like one of those family reunited programmes on telly, great result. Seems to me Ben that you've inherited your innate sense of style from Grandad Jackson, but I doubt that he would have been an

Posted Images

Yes i know that John...........you are my cousin.......so much i could relate to you.......about your lovely family......and mine,.....last saw your Mam and Dad in Bulwell Coop..............daft as it sounds i probably first met you when you were a baby in the old house in Bulwell,.i was 4 when you were born and my Mam took me there to see a new baby i think you?........vague memory of a stream at the bottom of the garden.....or is this distant memory playing tricks ?

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Yes i know that John...........you are my cousin....... i probably first met you when you were a baby in the old house in Bulwell,.i was 4 when you were born and my Mam took me there to see a new baby i think you?........

Only on Nottstalgia...........;)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Yes Mate got your last message, ive PM'd you back..........like i said on the PM John..........i do remember em all your Mam and mine were very close when we were growing up as were all the sisters and brothers.........your Mam,my Mam,nell,Connie,Marg,Gwen,Rose,Bill and John,.........just uncle Bill left now see him now and again,he lives up Bestwood Park still active in his late 80s,.........knocked me out john lovely to have contact,thanks to Nottstalgia,.....ive mentioned your family often on here..........have a scan back and you'll find things ive mentioned............much more to follow......lol.

Got me going now John..........when you lived on Frinton........i remember you kids had a big 'Rocking Horse'.......and Ann and i think Gene wouldnt let me play on it............and your Dad was a good Boxer........the family always called him big Fred even though he was small and your brother who was tall was called Little Fred' your Mam was called big Doris and your sister Doris baby Doris.........last saw Baby Doris and husband Blonde about ten years ago......still in Clifton,,,Surgeys lane or Avenue............

Lol yes think our Fred was just over 6ft , dont know what happened there as we are all quite short, having said that one of my lads is around 6ft. Dad used to fight under the name Sonny Booth and lots of the old boys around Bulwell used to say he was a good boxer

Thats right Sonny Booth......my Dad Ben used to drink with him.......and Dad always said he was a good boxer.......he's still mentioned by some real old'uns i see today..........if you type in sonny booth, under search on here you should find my references to him

On 24/07/2014 at 10:35 PM, benjamin1945 said:

LOL knew you'd say that, its true, my mams sister married Fred (sonny) Booth,a well known Bulwell pugilst, and they had 14 Children.

Here you go John

edit..........always thought there were 14 Booths,........must have just seemed that many...........lol.........also you'll find Tom Booth,whos a member on here...........also saw Carol a few years back.......bledddy hell i could go for ever........would you like me to name lots and lots of our cousins?.........lol.

Reckon your Mam and all her brothers and sisters spoilt all of us.............heres a few of your cousins.......Melvin,,Ann,,Barry,,Brenda,,Trevor,,Angela,,Andrew,,Carol,,Jane,, John,,Chris,,Tony,,Stephen,,Joy,,Christine,,David,,Donna,,Graham,,Helen,,Anne-Marie,,Raymond,,..........thats our first cousins............and between them they produced fousands more.........lol............all descended from Grandma and Granddad Jackson..............

Blimey Benj theres loads of em, and I only know Brenda and Trevor Auntie Connies kids,and even they could pass me in the street and I wouldn't know them  Get me there addresses and I will take out a bank loan and send them Christmas cards lol

Can just about remember Grandma Jackson coming to Frinton rd  think she stayed with us a few days  did the Jacksons originate from Yorkshire Benj

• Like 1

Think Granddad did..............he was born in 1890 and died in 1960.........again i know i keep saying it, a lovely man........William Jackson,,he served in France during the ist world war..........he was sat in a tin bath when i was about 5 and i saw the scars where he had been bayoneted ,he also had a finger shot off,

in my early years i spent a lot of time with him......got a photo somewhere of me and him crossing Trent Bridge on our way to see Notts cricket,

He was a carriage cleaner in his last working years at Basford sidings,.......still think of him when i go down Arnold road/southwark street where the sidings used to be..........saw much of him cos he always gave me a 'tanner'..when i visited,.......lol.

edit ,...i named two of my children after him........William and Jackson

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He was a very quiet man........never saw him get angry.......a dapper dresser...Trilby hat.....waistcoat......pocket watch.....arm bands.....cuff-links.......always doffed his hat to ladies.......and never heard him swear,

Grandma was very different.......always had sumat to say.......and ruled the roost.......tiny lady........but big in character........asked on her 83rd birthday the secret of her long life........''cos i packed the fags up 2 year ago''...lol....................only joking she loved her fags and didnt care where the ash went.......but again a great woman..........died about 1980.........

• Like 1

I'm sure she did..........to know him was to love him.........come to think of it he did look like Maurice Chevalier,..........''every little breeze seems to whisper Louise'' .............its ok John when i mention a song, carnie on here usually joins in.........CARNIE !!!    

All the little birds seem to twitter Louise. Each little  rose seems to know that.....................I luuuuuurve you. Lol

Phew, Nearly missed it benj.:biggrin: Welcome to Nottstalgia John, have fun with the gang. Join in the sing song if you like.Lol:rolleyes:

• Like 1

It's like one of those family reunited programmes on telly, great result. Seems to me Ben that you've inherited your innate sense of style from Grandad Jackson, but I doubt that he would have been an afficianado of the liberty bodice!

Welcome to the Forum John.

• Like 3

John i recall your sister Baby Doris courting Blonde (Albert) they lived with his Mam for a time on Andover road where i lived, Doris and me Mam were really good friends,.......even remember Mam taking me to Clifton to visit when they first moved in must have been early 50s,

By my reckoning John     Grandma/Grandad Jackson..had 36 Grandchildren.......who went on to produce over 100 Great Grand Kids......Crikey...........lol