Talk at Basford Library

Sorry for the short notice but if anyone is interested and local I will be giving a talk at Basford Library 10.30am in the morning (10th October) about the letters my Grandfather wrote home from the Western front during WW1.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Shame I will miss this,it sound very interesting,I oftern look at some of the postcards my grandfather sent to my grandmother from Ypres in 1917-18,very thought provoking,good luck for today Letsavagoo

Rog

It's good that all this information is passed on to others.just out of interest,was there any "younger" people there?

Rog

Well it depends how old you are as to your definition of youngsters but no. I think the youngest attendee was over 70 or thereabouts. About 18 in total. Mostly those who always attend the talks there plus 2 who came specifically as they were interested in the subject. One chap did nod off but the regulars assured me I did well as he stayed awake at least 10 minutes longer than he usually manages. There is apparently a local school who are learning about WW1 who have expressed an interest in the talk so maybe that will work out.

• Like 1