Hoping somebody can help me about InterMotors.  I know they previously had a factory in Nottingham, and that is where my grandparents met.  I also know it is no longer there.

Hoping somebody can help me in regards to employee lists, photos, location etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Yes Intermotor made car components etc. They were based just off the main drag going in to Hucknall , could be Lingford Street or that area.

I used to deliver there in the late '60s / '70s.http://www.intermotor.co.uk/smpeurope/intermotor.asp

Nowadays not far away at Annesley.

Thanks very much guys.  I thought they had actually left Nottingham, didn't realise they were still around.

My grandparents lived at Hucknall, so I believe they worked at Lingford Street.

Any idea where I can get some photos of the old Lingford Street premises?  I am hoping to find some employee lists or something.  Is it possible if I contacted the company they could help me out?  Where they are union site, perhaps the union?

Much appreciated

John ok I looked on Picture the past and unable to find photos of either of these streets, If you go on google earth you can see where the factories used to be, on Lingford street it shows a demolished section at the end where Intermotor used to be , and on Occupation road there are new houses where it use to be . A good site to use is http://www.picturethepast.org.uk if you use the search you find many old photos of Hucknall that your grand parents knew.

On 16/10/2017 at 8:57 AM, John OK said:

Any idea where I can get some photos of the old Lingford Street premises? 

This is Lingford Street in the early 1950s. Unfortunately it partly falls off the edge of the photo - it isn't bad cropping on my part !  But at least you can see some of the area as it was before the later demolition.

FJct7rs.jpg