• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I mentioned earlier today my youngest daughter's habit of writing odd odes about the issues of making tea in our house back in the 1990s. Thought I'd share one with you anyway.  I've always been

Having always liked tea I took a visit to a tea estate whilst in Sri Lanka in 2015.  The foreman told me that I should never buy tea bags becaause they are made from the poorest quality leftovers from

I've always had a sneaking suspicion that the war of 1776 was not because America wanted independance, or because they call King George a mad fat chump, nor was it their refusal to pay more tax withou

4 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Talking of own brands who remembers the name of Coops own brands in the 50s and 60s ?............first to answer correctly give yasen a pat on ya head....

nobody knows then ? or perhaps nobody cares ?.....shan't tell ya then..........lol.

NO     Not about Tea carnie it was all their food items..........they had a brand name..............

I'll give it a bit longer mi-duck........its only bin on 4 hours...........was sure somebody would come up with answer...........2nd clue it starts with N

22 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

nobody knows then ? or perhaps nobody cares ?.....shan't tell ya then..........lol.

Ben need advice from a tea expert....found in my basement unopened tin of Kardohma Earl Grey tea, so tempted to open tin and try it what would be my chance of survival  LOL

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Don't know Gem...........but reckon you'd have Hairs on ya Chest.............lol.

Thank you, think i will pass on that cuppa, but the temptation was really strong.   Mum says coop had a tea called Unique just after the war, can't believe sometimes the things she can remember. Not always right but most of time.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Don't remember any Tea Bags in the early 60s when i was at 'Marsdens' when did Tea bags hit the shops?..........

I remember in the mid 60s. I used to take a thermos of hot water and a tea bag or two to make tea when out on the road.  So that must have been the time they hit the shops.  I don't remember any before that.

Old clever Cloggs walks in and straight on the money.......take a Pat.........our Jill....................lol'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You're right, I literally have just walked in!

Used to go to The Alfreton Road coop for my mum when I was a child. I vividly remember seeing their own brand Normid washing up liquid on the shelves and cardboard delivery boxes with Normid printed on them. I always disliked the word because it reminded me of MORBID!

I suppose it's a contraction of NORth MIDlands?

• Like 1