Things that make you happy !

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This feeder is about 8/9ft away from where I am sitting. We had almost given up on getting a birdie photo, due to how close to feeder is to where I sit. The birds do feed, but as soon as I move my arm

Made my day to day...   The look on a landlords face when I arrived at one of his properties as he was fitting a second hand boiler for one of his tenants. It got even better when he'd stopp

I was beginning to think our Robin wasn't coming back from Carni's today but he just turned up and started feeding from the third use butter tub,1st butter,2nd planting melon seeds,3rd bird feeder

7 hours ago, Gem said:

Do any of the christmas cacti have the name of a saint, seem to remember a friend of mums calling hers a saint .............

It doesn't look like any of the Schlumbergias are named after saints but there is one cactus called tehe "Saint Peter" cactus.  Found this in Wiki: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinopsis_pachanoi
Echinopsis pachanoi (syn. Trichocereus pachanoi) — known as San Pedro cactus — is a fast-growing columnar cactus native to the Andes Mountains at 2,000–3,000 m (6,600–9,800 ft) in altitude. It is found in Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Ecuador and Peru, and it is cultivated in other parts of the world. Uses for it include ...

Nonetheless, Sarahjay, It is nice to know that the birds are there and feeding - even if you are at work and cannot actually see them :)

I refilled all my seed feeders, nut boxes, suet log holders, fat ball containers and other assorted contraptions yesterday afternoon, and washed and cleaned the water trays and the concrete bird bath, as well as removing leaves from the pond and stream. My efforts were overseen by the local bird population, especially the robin, who I'm certain wanted to join in and help me ! 

Within minutes of finishing, there were long tailed tits, sparrows, blackbirds, a chaffinch and a strange crow with partially white wings. Very odd, but a worthy job done in time for Christmas. 

• Like 2

I wonder if the crow had the Leucistic gene, Fly?  Here is a Chaffinch with the gene, taken in my garden a few years ago....

38554250504_f56ef5eee1_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Good Music, like all sorts, it can lift your mood when feeling a bit down........it can add romance to an evening........it brings back memories,

Also Dance,i just love to Dance always have,, wife tells me i'm jerky now and sometimes look a bit of a twit,,i don't care i reckon i'm great,,  Even like watching ''Flamenco' dancing when on holiday.......bloke on Guitar 2 or 3 lovely Spanish Senorita's giving it what for,,but i'm most jealous of the man, dressed in Waistcoat and matching Garb,  Stomping about clicking his 'doings' and every now and then Shouting''  just love it,,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I should be careful about clicking your doings at our age... never know what might happen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm happy that most of the country's population is happy, and as up to yet, there's been no trouble. Also that we play in red.

C'mon England! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The downside is of course that we've had to endure Ferdinand who babbles, Shearer, zzzzzzz. Hoddle, another babbler, but hey. Who cares ?

• Like 1