Things that make you happy !

Well here we go.

Forest winning. MY type of music, although anything that is good. Travelling. Gardening, Eating and drinking.

Beauty.... Anything that I consider beautiful . Buildings, anything, art, landscapes, wildlife.

Come on folks, the sun is out, so lighten up, and let's have some interesting tales.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This feeder is about 8/9ft away from where I am sitting. We had almost given up on getting a birdie photo, due to how close to feeder is to where I sit. The birds do feed, but as soon as I move my arm

Made my day to day...   The look on a landlords face when I arrived at one of his properties as he was fitting a second hand boiler for one of his tenants. It got even better when he'd stopp

I was beginning to think our Robin wasn't coming back from Carni's today but he just turned up and started feeding from the third use butter tub,1st butter,2nd planting melon seeds,3rd bird feeder

That'll do for starters !

Good topic Fly.

Ya'll know me.  My dogs rank high in my list. :)

I am loving learning music.  Wish I'd paid more attention to it in school.

Just  having the health at my age to be still able to do the things I do.

conversing with you lot.  :).     That'll do for starters.

Riding my trike around the country lanes around here,especially if I end up at Newark or Lincoln then pedal back home,good sense of achievement

Rog

My car, my railway books, Strictly, oh cripes, my iPad. I couldn't be without that. 

Obviously Family and Holidays make me Happy.........but its the little every day things that i look forward to........stroll into Bulwell most morning......and bumping into old friends and family......setting off early to different parts of the country.......then getting the job done and driving home to good uplifting Music,.......Putting on a new shirt...........usually get up early and feel like crap.........but once showered and dressed get that feeling i can take on the world,,,,then there's the satisfaction of overcoming bits of new technology......it gets harder for me anyway...but feel great when ive mastered it.,like using your phone to park the Car,.......buying a rail ticket from a machine, in fact most things in this 'Cyber' age confuse me to start with.

This weekend i'll be learning how to use a modern Till............might seem easy to most folk,but i find it daunting at the moment, but i'm sure i'll master it,...........after all the last time i used a till it was £s shillings and pence.......and you needed all your fingers to 'Ring in 1/11 pence apeny......so when ive learned it i'll feel Happy.........so there you are 'Little things'me make happy........and as the song goes ''little things mean a lot'':rolleyes:

• Like 3

There are 221 corbett class mountains in Scotland that are between 2,500ft and 3,000ft.  These mountains are a lot less popular with hill climbers than the bigger Munro class, all 284 of which are over 3,000ft.  A walk up a Corbett usually means a day without seeing anyone and since many are very remote, a day without hearing any mechanical sounds whatsoever.  I am at my happiest when sitting on the summit of one of these hills, eating some whinberries gathered on my way up and just enjoying the feeling of being alone with the birds and creepy crawlies that inhabit such places.....magic :)

• Like 4

Not yet, Jill.  I'll have to get busy.  I was too busy trying to keep him from scoring on me. ;). He's certainly quicker than me.  I'll have to try to get Mrs. L to take one.  I've got a big ball but he still tries to get his teeth into it.  I've told him that's a foul, but he doesn't care.

• Upvote 1

Actually Rog.  Jake is the Beagle.  The footballer is Bailey.  He's a Lab / Spaniel cross.  They are called Spanadors.  He makes his own rules too and he's got longer legs.  ;)

Jake's not very interested in balls.  He prefers something like a Squirrel or rabbit that can run and is edible.