New member Mick Smith

Hi everyone, just joined the other day after a quirk of fate led me to find the site---and have enjoyed browsing through some of the topics.

Originally from Arnold, went to Calverton Road infant school ..met Denis Shepherd, Rick Smith there, then Kingswell  and then onto the Arnold County High as it was called.

Now live in Mapperley..names that I recall over the years, pete brett, mick guise, jon pilgrim, dave leavesly, lucy Henson, rae Roberts, denise taylor, jane richley, anita cast, billy pinder , ian jones, stu oakden, david james, rob severn, chris marlow, matthew harris, martin Thewlis, pete squires, mark towers(died last year) jane casterton, alex sudlow, janet Rayner , Elaine Rowlands, gareth Rowlands, ian wood, clive rossin, 

Hi there Mick and welcome.  You probably knew my brother Steve Moss, he was at Kingswell and Arnold High and was very friendly with Clive Rossin (I remember the name) so assume in the same year at school. 

Hi and thanks for being bothered to look..yes, I knew steve..in clives year I think, last time I saw him I think he was living on Sandfield road, near Aenot Hill Park, used to see him a lot in the late 70's I suppose..tall gangly lad..i you quite a different age...no..i know..he had an elder sister, probably about 65 now and you must be a younger sister...didn't steve go out with a girl from mapperley orchard for quite a while ?==one of 2 sisters--used to see steve in the friar tuck a lot

My brother only has one sister and that’s me, yes I’m a bit older than him. He’s tall but not so skinny now! Still living in same house though.  Don’t remember much about his girlfriends, I was too busy having a good time myself :rolleyes:

Welcome micksmith look forward to your post's. 

Lived at Daybrook for a short time while there worked at "Lucky 7" bingo hall bottom of Ribblesdale Road (if its still there)

On 26/10/2017 at 10:12 PM, LizzieM said:

Been air-brushed Margie!  

Rubbish Lizzie, we have some cracking looking birds on this site

Rog

55 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Rubbish Lizzie, we have some cracking looking birds on this site

Rog

'Birds'?  Careful, Rog.  You may get pecked!!

• Like 2

Perhaps not so smooth Rog..............lol

Birds indeed........tut tut...........you try to teach em Margie but its hard going mi duck............lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1