Motor car insignia

Does anyone recognise this leapinjg greyhound vehicle, please? The blue flash looks like a Ford logo but I've no idea what car it is/

38110926541_5e4fd6865e_c.jpg

On a par with our Armstrong Siddleys and Daimlers in years gone by.

Now, now Phil ! We're all as one...... At the moment.

In the early 70's , I had a Citroen ID19. Beautiful, stylish beyond comprehension, fast, but oh so totally impractical for town driving, and so prone to rust. You could almost see it forming in the winter rain.

Brilliant towing my caravan though. 

Was the greyhound their standard emblem then?  Looks to me like they were copying our beloved Jaguar

smile2

My father’s co - director had a DS back in the late 50’s. I had the chance to drive it many times, not long after having passed my driving test! It was a very futuristic car at the time. I remember it came from “Siddons for Citroen’s” on Mansfield Rd. It had an air suspension which gave it the means of jacking itself up, which was rather impressive to watch. I’ve never owned a French car but did go round the Peugeot works at Coventry a couple of times and had the chance of thrashing their hot hatches around the country lanes. These were quite impressive. I even got “black flagged” for going too quickly round Donnington park in a Peugeot diesel on a driving day. Very proud of that! There’s lots of Peugeots around here as Harrison’s of Lowdham are the local dealers and I know the proprietors well but I could not be persuaded to buy one. They just don’t do it for me as neither do any of the other French cars. Clever engineering but quirky styling.

• Upvote 1

Funnily enough Phil, I've a Peugeot 308s, and I like the looks of it, but not as much as my 307 with rear spoiler.

Mechanically, it's ok other than fussy and over sensitive sensors, and poor Air Con. 

WW, you're not thinking of the Ford 8 Pilot are you ?

Think you might be right on that WW you can just make out the V8 above the Ford sign and below the greyhounds nose

Rog

Well the leaping greyhound was certainly a Delage mascot but the badge below certainly looks Ford and from Googling around I can see that Ford did have an almost identical mascot. So, yes, I retract the Delage idea and say Ford. Further investigation is ongoing!

Looking at it now the mascot on the V8 Pilot looked more like an aeroplane as opposed to a greyhound, not being a motor car fan I'm no expert,not even a novice

Rog

Here's a Ford V8 greyhound for sale on eBay.  Looks like the one in my original photo and the emblem in the photo also looks like an "F" from Ford:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1933-1934-Ford-V8-Roadster-Sedan-Greyhound-Hood-Ornament-Original-Part-/192351511186