Hi my name is David and I am doing my family tree.  I have just learned that my Grandmother lived in no. 5 Kinglake street  notts in 1925, according to her wedding cert. She married a George Harry Waltham in the Register office  aged 32 years. 

He was a Lorry driver at the time of wedding.  Her maiden name  Annie Phyllis Bradley . 

I know its a long shot but does anyone have any info , they went on to have 3 sons .  Read all your site and it looks fun  and very informative  , glad to join 

Welcome Dave, and I'm certain that some experts will eke out some interesting information soon.

Thank you FLY2   , fingers crossed ,for any scrap of info  .  My father was born in Basford in 1912 in a place called The Rylands, ?   only found out a couple of years ago as I have always believed all my immediate family were born and breed scousers lol, as I am .

Would you believe that my wife and I moved to Lincolshire from Liverpool in 1986 ,only to research that the Jackson family ,  Grandfather ,  Great grandfather and all their siblings were born in Grantham and surrounding areas since   early 1800,s.   Both my Great grandfather  and Great grandmother and uncle , and aunts are buried in Grantham cemetery 30mins drive from our house.  How spooky is that lol !!  Serendipity or what .!!

We have now cleaned up the unattended grave and visit from time to time.

William Jackson my G.Grandad was a nail maker in 1842  and around 11 children living in a 2 up to down lol. Hope I haven't bored you ,us  scousers do go on lol  

On 02/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, ormskirk said:

I have just learned that my Grandmother lived in no. 5 Kinglake street  notts in 1925, according to her wedding cert.

Long since demolished, as you probably know, so this might be the only photo you ever see of it.

0KHCwSZ.jpg

That really is No. 5 even though it appears to be in the centre of the street. The numbering was unusual.

Yes I stand corrected it was , BEESTON , had a senior moment lol     Thank you Cliff Ton for the great photo of Kinglake street ,made up with it 

Annswaby  .......   In answer to your question looking for any info on my Grandmothers 1st Husband  George Harry Waltham who she married at Notts reg office on 19th Dec 1925 he was 40yrs she was 32 yrs  ,just received the marriage cert.    She was called Annie Phyllis Bradley, she used to live in Portland road Notts up till 1911 then was pregnant with my father and moved to Liverpool with the father of the child and remained there till 1924 then she disappeared and the father of her baby married someone else in 1925 as she married George.

She went on to marry again ,  James Spencer in Notts in 1939  and he helped to bring up one of her sons Cyril. It all sounds very complicated to me but i want to prove or disprove that this lady is my Grandmother.  Thanks all I am really glad to have joined you all and look forward to reading all the entries, I learn something new each time  many thanks

• Upvote 1