Does this behaviour go on at Nostalgia meet-ups or is it just the Mwah, Mwah kissing on both cheeks. Obviously just with members of opposite sexes. With this touchy feely stuff going on at the moment I’m sure it’s not all instigated by the men. As a naive 18 year old I took a girl from Bulwell on the Caterpillar at Goose Fair and didn’t realise what had hit me! Woodthorpe girls were much better behaved.:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If not asking for trouble it was certainly encouraging it.   All this nonsense is getting on my nerves and when was a man touching a woman’s knee in a friendly way classed as sexual harassment.  

The genuine incidences of abuse are shocking and the perpetrators need to learn that such is not only unacceptable.  In many cases it is criminal.   Having said that and in reading between t

i agree Ann.........older men are far worse than youngsters today...........where i work a bit there is a fitness gym.....and ive noticed the younger men just get on with their fitness work..........w

All this hype in the news about inappropriate touching going back yonks! I'm sure I'm not the only NS member who encountered such...now rebranded...ye gods, I detest that term...as sexual harassment when they were younger.

It was rife and if we all started suing retrospectively, the courts would grind to a halt!

I left two jobs because people couldn't keep their paws to themselves but that was the way life was in the 70s. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

• Like 5

Phew, that's a relief Phil. LOL

• Like 1

One thing that has baffled me about the plethora of 'actresses' complaining about inappropriate behaviour has been the allegations by a male that he was propositioned by the renowned gay actor, Keven Spacey in his apartment one night. 

Now I may not have grasped the whole story, but what do you expect when you accompany a gay man back to his apartment ? 

Surely, isn't that asking for trouble ?

If not asking for trouble it was certainly encouraging it.  

All this nonsense is getting on my nerves and when was a man touching a woman’s knee in a friendly way classed as sexual harassment.   I grew up in a different age when I actually enjoyed wolf whistles, hugs and sometimes saucy banter from the lovely men I worked with.   In my opinion this is linked to this Feminism rubbish, and I’m not saying that women should not have equal rights and pay but those who do all the shouting   in favour of Feminism don’t seem very ‘feminine’ to me.   Ok, I’ve probably ruffled a few feathers now but not bothered. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Exactly my sentiments Lizzie. Things were so different in the 60's & 70's. I've worked with girls and women who just used to shrug off the tactile advances of men. Although some I dare say enjoyed it, whilst others would just say 'Pi55 off' of something similar. 

A completely different age we live in now I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would love to see how some of these guys would react if left on their own in a 60s Pretty Polly or Bairns Wear factory those girls would show them the way home that's for sure.

Back in the late 70s a guy joined the NADVAS gun club, turns out he was a bit of a groper, nothing was said to the lads but the ladies decided enough was enough and they laid their plan.

One night in the Green Dragon at Oxton one of them gave him the come on and he followed her outside, big mistake. Three of them my wife included came back in waving his jeans, followed by a red faced man who soon left never to be seen again.

• Like 3

I'm totally onside with Lizzie on this one.  I know its one of my pet hates but PC and the radical feminists are mostly at the root of this problem,

In my growing up days I was taught respect and a protective attitude toward the ladies I interacted with.  When I took my first wife to the pictures for the first time when we began dating I asked her if she minded me putting my arm around her.  If she had refused it I would have respected that.  (Try again later, lad.  ;))  I too believe women should be properly payed and respected for their work.

I'm not sure what the radical feminists really do want but they are not doing their fellow women any favours.

It divides the sexes when any man is constantly fearful that a word or action is going to be turned around and used against him.  Might even cost him his job or end up in the slammer.

I always feared a good slap across the mush in a public place and did not push my luck.  It worked fine then.  it still would now.  its old fashioned but it would be new if we went back to it.

I would not even want to be anywhere near a radical feminist and I doubt that most real men would.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

^^^^^^^^^^Germaine Greer good god almighty pass me the poison.

Funnily enough despite my somewhat radical views on some subjects I am known for my good manners toward ladies and I have to say it always worked to my advantage.

Now I would probably be decried for holding a door open and saying "After you"..............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Amazing how these devout celeb feminists all look like either Peppa Pig or He Haw the donkey ! 

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, NewBasfordlad said:

^^^^^^^^^^Germaine Greer good god almighty pa

Now I would probably be decried for holding a door open and saying "After you"..............

Not by me you wouldn't, NBL!

6 years at Manning ensured I emerged ready for a pre emptive strike against anything male and I still view many of em with suspicion but over the years, I've met some smashing gentlemen. I'm no fan of Germaine Greer who, incidentally, isn't as radical as she professes!

• Like 1

What i don't understand is why wait so long to report the offense, a lot of them were women in positons of power or well known within their proffession. Some of it smells to me like a witch hunt, the jounalist who was named in "kneegate said i told him to stop or i would punch his face in". That was the end of the matter for her until i think someone decided to use it,  other things have come to light since so we will see.

• Like 1

I am convinced a lot of this is a generational thing.  As I mentioned earlier I was brought up with an almost Victorian attitude to girls/ ladies.  I attended an all boys school and was out of my depth even knowing how to react around young women for the first year or two out of school.  (I soon learned.   :Shock: )  It was awkward, but it was valuable and I think did much for the attitude many men my age have had towards marriage and family.

As regards  Hollywierd.  Who knows what to believe.  I'm sure there is probably a lot of abuse of young women eager to get onscreen roles.  As far as I'm concerned they could shut the dump down I wouldn't miss it.

• Like 1

Never been a bottom pincher,...........ok might have sqeezed one or two when dancing but only if i was sure they wanted me to,(proper blokes know when its right)........and even then the Lady would smile and move it back to their waist,...........ive noticed over the years that some men are ''touchers''.....they think its ok to touch a woman on the arm or shoulder when having a normal conversation........and most women don't like it.........ive certainly never been a 'Toucher'''.either.......i always hold the door open for ladies and its often greeted with a smile..........when adding after you 'Mamsell''........even in Bulwell

• Like 3

What's a "radical" feminist?  I'm a feminist, but funnily enough I don't own any dungarees or boiler suits... Some of you do have some stereotypical views.  A friendly touch/hug/pat from a man you know is fine, but often it's more than that, from strangers or work colleagues and older men are just as bad (if not worse) than younger ones.  About time it was stamped out, not by a "witch hunt," which I don't believe it is, anyway, but by men FINALLY having to learn that it's not on

• Like 5

I hope that all you lovely gents on here never feel the pressure to stop holding the door open for us ladies, or any of the other things that might not be done  anymore. I love it and  I think we may be the last generation to understand it. Many times these days when approaching a narrow gap, I find I slow up rather than try to push past if I get the feeling the person coming towards me is not about to give way. I don't have any bad feelings about it. I just accept it. I don't expect any preferential treatment from males because I am a female. BUT. I hope, you never stop calling me Darlin, and , I love a cheeky smile and friendly wink. It brightens my day at least.

lips0

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

i agree Ann.........older men are far worse than youngsters today...........where i work a bit there is a fitness gym.....and ive noticed the younger men just get on with their fitness work..........whilst some (and its only some) of the older blokes just 'Lust' after some of the lady's...........some of the ladies have made verbal complaints to me........and ive taken the culprits to task........and they don't seem to realise that going to a lady on a walking machine to engage in conversation whilst 'scratching their privates'' is offensive........i try to get the ladies to put their complaint in writing.....but i struggle,i'd dearly love to ban 2 or 3 that use the facilities..........cretins''

• Like 6