29 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Many of us never thought that it was "on." Anne.  There have always been bores and idiots but most of us are not like that. :)

well said Loppy...........we are not like that........i do believe most chaps of our age are Gents..........and them that are not i don't want to know.......we obviously had different experiences in our younger years......but none the less we are very similar.......oh and by the way ''Happy Birthday'' the other day......ive been a bit pre-occupied last couple of days......

• Like 1
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If not asking for trouble it was certainly encouraging it.   All this nonsense is getting on my nerves and when was a man touching a woman’s knee in a friendly way classed as sexual harassment.  

The genuine incidences of abuse are shocking and the perpetrators need to learn that such is not only unacceptable.  In many cases it is criminal.   Having said that and in reading between t

i agree Ann.........older men are far worse than youngsters today...........where i work a bit there is a fitness gym.....and ive noticed the younger men just get on with their fitness work..........w

Quote Ben.    .but i struggle,i'd dearly love to ban 2 or 3 that use the facilities..........cretins''

Probably the reverse end of the scale from a few of the youths we all knew.  Always bragging about their conquests with the ladies.  Probably wishful thinking.  Very damaging to a young woman's reputation and offensive to those who had to hear it.   The old goats you speak of are either just ignorant of civilized behaviour,  or living in their lying pasts  They need somebody like Maude to straighten 'em out.  :Shock:

BTW   Thanks for the birthday wishes.

• Like 2

Just come back to me you mentioning Maude in Coalville Loppy,.............Jill     tried previously to remember if i'd ever been out with a girl called Jill................................and yes it was in Coalville 64/65......Jill Spencer..........took her to Whitwick pictures........lovely girl just two dates,..........worked at Thrifty'' Marsdens'').........in the precinct Coalville........wonder if she remembers me,......probably not,...............lol.

• Like 1

As to old blokes now being idiots they are probably the young idiots of yesteryears dragging a young ladies reputation through the mud, they really where all mouth and no trousers.

But as anyone thought its not just a gender thing, there are young men as well as women who are harassed. Maybe this type of predator person can just spot a weak person and know they will get less resistance to their unwanted advances. It is for sure I have met more ladies who like the journalist would 'punch you in the face' than fold up at unwanted advances, the little lady in my picture is one of them.

• Like 2

Quite agree NBL...............Idiots of yesteryear are still idiots today.............however i would'nt say i was weak (or young either lol) but i'd love to be harassed by an older woman...........or any woman nowadays.............lol.

• Like 2

When working locally as a 'store Detective'' i did establish a certain ''Rappor'' with many of the offenders especially in Bulwell,...............some did it to feed their Drug habit......many did it to pay their way with the local 'mafia' of the 90s.......i also had a Rappor'' with these people.........who gave me respect,purely because they knew me from their parents and the area i grew up in.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying they were right........but in a funny way i did keep a certain amount of crime out of the greater Bulwell area,......they would see me in Bulwell Coop for instance, and say ey-up Ben (real name) and go elsewhere ........i always tried to help the young ones who were trapped in this lifestyle and had the very occasional success ......even found work for some........and give the local mafia of the time their due,they directed their people away from Coops.........crazy i know but true..........

• Like 2

I agree with your comments NBL and Ben regarding being able to suss out a bad un  very quickly.  I would imagine that most women can say the same, I certainly can.   I’ve managed to get out of difficult situations a few times in my younger days but only because I learnt early on to not be naive and by being strong minded.   The women who end up being ‘victims’ in sexual harassment cases should think about the situation they are entering before it gets to be a problem for them.   

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just listening to the TV news and I can’t believe that the Houses of Parliament is full of predatory sex maniacs.  I’m sorry but this is all about women jumping on the bandwagon in an increasingly ‘compensation age’. 

• Like 4

i find as ive got older.......you can get away with Chat-up lines to the Ladies......they know you're harmless and mostly laugh and enjoy it............the other day i was stuck in miles of tailback on the M6........and a lady of about 60 kept drawing level with me.....and as we sat there i motioned her to wind her window down.......she did........and it went as follows...........what you want?.......nothing just thought i'd say hello.......she laughed and said ''youre cheeky''.....where you going?.....Wolverhamton she says''...........whats your name? i asked,........didnt catch what she said,her lane started moving....but she was laughing as she waved me goodbye..............think it cheered her up...............

Lizzie you would like SWMBO, as can been seen in my picci she is shall we say little. At the time of the pic 5ft and 1/2 inch and don't you dare forget the 1/2" and 6 and a half stone, she wore 3" stilettoes to add height. One night in the mess a guy from another regiment was dancing with her when he thought it might be a good idea to put his hands on her bum and pull her to him, her stiletto nicely punched a hole in the upper of his shoe, standing back she was going to kick him where it hurts but I got there first and scooped her up my mess mates did the rest. Needless to say Colonels orders reduced to trooper etc army career ruined.

• Like 2

You didn’t get chance to pinch her bum then?  I bet you made her journey bearable Ben.  Nice to have a bit of banter to relieve the boredom of motorway driving.  

A long long time ago I was driving up to Nottingham to see my parents from darn sarf when a van pulled up alongside me (at 70 mph most probably) and the driver was waving to get my attention, it turned out to be a lad I used to work with in Nottingham before I left to get married.   Such a surprise and not something you’d expect to happen.  

• Like 2

On holiday in Spain about 4 years ago.......the wife was Dancing with some other women and i was sat with the blokes........where we go there is always a group of Spanish blokes sat at the bar trying to pick up women holiday makers........anyway i saw this Spaniard make a move for the Mrs on the Dance floor,.........Dance? ok says Donna......wriggling to some music.....then a slow Dance was called for.....he moves in trying to put his arms around her......Donna motions NO and keeps him at arms length........he keeps trying......but still she keeps him at arms length......the other blokes i'm sat with say......''sort him out Ben hes going too far''............she'll sort it i tell them.....(.Donna is 4ft 11in............and the Spaniard is about 6ft,..)...all of a sudden the music stops........and all you hear is F... OFF,...........she never swears,......but the Spanish chap got the message,........and the place erupted in applause...........i knew she'd sort it,and later at the bar the Spaniard bought me and Donna a drink...............

• Like 1

Reading comments on small ladies my mother is one 4ft 10in my aunt 4ft 10.1/2in  (half inch very important) mum used to say good stuff in small bundles dad's reply especially poison. He was 5ft 10in but  the little un was boss.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

.where you going?.....Wolverhamton she says''...........whats your name? i asked,........didnt catch what she said,her lane started moving....but she was laughing as she waved me goodbye..............think it cheered her up...............

It surely did benj.  smile2

• Like 1

Where's your daily basis ? 

• Like 1

Outrageous Continental behaviour RR, but totally acceptable if you're at the match, and the Reds win. 

When I was getting served at bar in the packed Cross Keys last night, I had a pissed up youth almost laying on me, I did turn me head & he now wants to high five me which I refused, told him I've never "high-fived anybody, ain't going to start now, now he wants to kiss me! Whats going on?

Maybe it was the boob tube and skimpy hot pants and knee length white patent boots you were wearing RR !