COMICS

Eagle, I joined the Eagle club(wonder if I am still a member can you still buy it?)

The Beano and the Dandy

Does anyone remember the checkbook size book titles (I only remember Noddy.

Match box size models, l still collect larger size models of different brands.

Tin wind up toys my favourite was a wind up crane .

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beano, Topper and Beezer. Couldn't get to grips with the Eagle and all this Science Fiction stuff...... Still can't !

Combining Toys and Comics with Christmas, What about the Christmas Annuals? Beano seemed to top the bill at our place.

I had The Dandy comic and the annual at Christmas from about 1957. I'm not sure why I opted for The Dandy because I actually preferred The Beano My mum got rid of all my childhood books when

Started off with Topper, big bro had the Eagle. Grew out of Topper into Rover and Wizard at about 7 years of age. (Can't understand why the font has gone bold!)

"Cheque book" size books (good description) I remember Mary Mouse, anyone else recall those?

Commo

When you type your message, could you have run your curser over the B on the options bar at the top of your post and highlighted it, there will be a square round it if you have done, just click on it and it should go back to normal. Good Luck :unsure:

Beezer!

Started with Bimbo, then on to Princess Tina and then Jackie, My brother had Beano comic but always Dandy Annuals at Christmas.

Favourite toys whip and top...especially the winderbreakers! Sweet Shop and Post Office, hula hoop, Spirograh and spiromatic (the paint version), my elder brothers train set and my younger brothers Hotwheels track!

My favorite comic was Dr Who.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kZ5PMhXpvQ0/TkmVCFM8RjI/AAAAAAAAJuU/p7AHH2sgS8E/s400/Marvel-Premiere-57-00.jpg

My favourite game was Blip

Many happy hour as a child. I don't know if anyone remembers Blip but it was part battery powered for LED's and the main moving parts were clockwork

The first comic I had as a very small child was Sunny Stories. Then it was on to Beano, Beezer and Eagle, which were the ones I read every week for years. I was never as keen on Dandy and Topper although read occasional copies. Others I used to read fairly regularly at times were Knockout and Swift. I also remember a comic called Zip, which was later merged into Swift.

And who remembers a comic called Buster? The title character was billed as the 'son of Andy Capp'.

Wizard came later - I was still reading it when I was about 13 or 14.

Remember Eagle was part of a group of comics for all age groups? Small children could start with Robin, then progress to Swift, then when they were older still it was Eagle for boys and Girl for - er - girls.

A first edition of the Beano with a free pair of x ray specs I think they were, was sold for £3,500, at an auction at a hotel at the bottom of my road some years ago. I remember TV21 magazine, Blue Peter Annuals. Hector Heathcote annual. My sister had a girly mag, that gave you paper cut out figures and cut out dresses to dress them with.

There were Chopper bikes, clackers, that broke peoples wrists. Screwball icecream ith the bubbly at the bottom. Eye balls that would bounce all over the place. Marvel comic. Loved the ad's in the back cover. 'Sea monkeys', spy kits ect. Happy days.

Comic Cuts and Radio Fun, when I was very young.

An Electronic & Radio constructor kit was my favourite Christmas pressie. I started with a crystal set & worked up to a 2 transistor radio & they all worked, I rigged up a random long wire aerial to the line-post at the end of the garden & used a water pipe as an earth, When Mam put wet washing on the line the line-post broke, there was lots of fuss & shouting as the washing sank to the ground & my aerial was blamed, I had to pay for a new line-post & I was banned from rigging my aerial to it, so I used the fence post instead, seemed to work just as well. :)

I had the Eagle for years. Who can forget Dan Dare pilot of the future and his side kick Digby. And the enemy the dreaded Meakons.

Fave toys were model railways - Triang OO gauge. I spent a lot of time in my early teens building Airfix kit WW2 planes and also vintage cars.

Ar Airfix. I made planes too, got more glue on me than the plane. Does anyone remember the airfix boxes of tiny solders, Romans, American civil war, and desert rat figures?.. you can still get them, but they cost a small fortune today. Pete.

I had the Eagle for years. Who can forget Dan Dare pilot of the future and his side kick Digby. And the enemy the dreaded Meakons.

Fave toys were model railways - Triang OO gauge. I spent a lot of time in my early teens building Airfix kit WW2 planes and also vintage cars.

Sorry to be pedantic but the green guys were the Treens and the Meakon was their boss who had a large head and floated around on a flat iron. There was one friendly Treen whose name was Kondor. Sorry again for the effects of old age. Long term memory o.k. but I can't remember why I switched my computer on! :No1:

If I remember right the friendly Treen was called Sondar. I'm not sure, but weren't the Treens a race created by the Mekon? As I remember, they were from Venus, and the native, or at least the other, Venusian race were the Therons - blond humans with blue skin - and were friendly to Earth.

There were a gang of regular characters as well as Digby - Sir Hubert Guest, the Controller of Space Fleet, Lex O'Malley, the Irish naval officer, an American called Hank (no surprise there), an Frenchman called Pierre (or there), a kid called 'Flamer' Spry, and Professor Jocelyn Peabody, the scientist and token woman.

And don't forget Dan Dare's spaceship, the Anastasia, which was capable of atmospheric flight also.

If I remember right the friendly Treen was called Sondar. I'm not sure, but weren't the Treens a race created by the Mekon? As I remember, they were from Venus, and the native, or at least the other, Venusian race were the Therons - blond humans with blue skin - and were friendly to Earth.

There were a gang of regular characters as well as Digby - Sir Hubert Guest, the Controller of Space Fleet, Lex O'Malley, the Irish naval officer, an American called Hank (no surprise there), an Frenchman called Pierre (or there), a kid called 'Flamer' Spry, and Professor Jocelyn Peabody, the scientist and token woman.

And don't forget Dan Dare's spaceship, the Anastasia, which was capable of atmospheric flight also.

Quite right! Sondor it was. Also in the Eagle were Tommy Walls and Harris Tweed. Lots more too!