Newspapers in Nottingham

19 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I knew a bloke who used to split his matches with a razor blade

Thanks Beekay you promised not to tell anyone, you know its the only way I can afford to smoke. lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been away from Notts for 40 years but used to enjoy the E.P. when there , favourite night was a Tuesday when the businesses for sale were advertised (though never actually bought one in Notts ! )

And as for the online version....   Along with the adverts which make it unreadable, most of the stories seem to be about dysfunctional families who normally appear on daytime TV, and so-cal

I had two favourite evenings for looking at the adverts.   When I was old enough to be a car owner, every Friday evening I'd go through the cars-for-sale adverts to see what I could afford a

Fancy owning up Trogg. I made a point of not divulging any names. You may as well admit to splitting bog rolls into single ply sheets now, and clear your conscience.

• Like 1

In the 50's there was a newspaper seller on the corner outside Bentink Rd School who used to sing in a very loud voice "Pooooooow,'n N'oooooooz"...., "Noooooz, n', Poooooooow". He also sang at the Palais when the big bands took a break.

My brother used to pick up nub ends of discarded cigs and extract the baccy to use in roll ups. Disgusting!

There's plenty of others who have done that MrsB. As a lad I knew a couple of kids in my area who would follow a bloke who was smoking, to see if he would throw away the dog end while it was still lit. That way they could grab a few drags of tobacco before it were too small to puff on.

10 hours ago, Beekay said:

You may as well admit to splitting bog rolls into single ply sheets now, and clear your conscience.

I have gone one better than that Beekay I have gone back to the fifties, newspaper squares, the problem with that is that I donot buy newspapers. So now I use my free bus and tram pass and I travel on them until I find newspapers  that people have left  ,when I have enough its home and cut them up. I have many other money saving tips if you need them.

@trogg, and can I assume that you thread the squares onto recycled parcel string before hanging them up. And what's the best way to remove print from yer bum? 

Pssst, another tip saver tip for you...Nearly all supermarkets have a big 'charity basket' near the tills. You can get some lovely bargains in there if you root around. Must admit, I get a bit bored with Whiskas and Winalot, ( the biscuits don't dunk very well).

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Beekay said:

what's the best way to remove print from yer bum? 

Any thing as long as you don't mix up Anusol with Autosol

Rog

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IAN FINN said:

Do you have your own kitty litter Beekay?

Yes Ian, but I always eat it with warm milk. It still keeps its crunch though.

@philmayfield, gives a whole new meaning to the song " Keep your sunny side up".

• 2 weeks later...