Michael McIntyre

We switched him on and didn't even last a minute before he was off again. When he was up and coming, his comedy was quite  refreshing, but he hasn't moved on and has become predictable. Sorry Michael but  a thumbs down from the carnis.

• Upvote 1

He lost the plot some time ago, it seems now he's made his money he's lost interest in entertaining the people who paid him that money

Rog

• Upvote 1

Best not to know Jill. Over educated, an irritating squeaky voice and full of hot air and verbal diarrhoea !

• Like 1
13 hours ago, plantfit said:

He lost the plot some time ago, it seems now he's made his money he's lost interest in entertaining the people who paid him that money

Rog

He's not the only one either. I'm thinking of those so called 'alternative' comedians who rode the wave of sometimes quite nasty routines that were not really funny.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jimmy Carr,Keith Lemon,James Cordon,the list is endless with the so called entertainers from the past decade, they couldn't tell a good joke if their life depended on it, all they seem to do is take the pi$$ out of some poor unfortunates

Rog

• Upvote 1

Alan Carr too, and as you say Rog, the list is endless. All this inane, banal and totally unfunny twaddle seems to have originated with Ben Elton and the like many years ago, and makes me squirm. 

• Like 2

I quite like James Corden but I think his bubble may have burst after his insensitive jokes at that award ceremony in the US a couple of weeks back. I think he's a good comedy writer as is Ben Elton who wrote most of the Black Adder scripts, however, as a performer Ben Elton was just awful. Lee Mack can also be funny as he seems to have a bit of a brain.

IMO Russell Brand is a total t-sser and Jo Brand also gets on my t-ts. The fact that Keith Lemon, Alan Carr and Jimmy Carr are so popular speaks volumes about the intellect of some of today's younger generation.

At the other end of the humour spectrum I see Ken Dodd turned 90 earlier this month. He's a very clever comic even now. My dad was a massive fan.

My 26 year old daughter said last night that "celebrity" bimbo (or is that dimbo?) Georgia Toffolo and her like are quite clever in that they simply provide the persona that the younger generation crave and succeed accordingly. I personally don't think they're actually that bright I think they've just got lucky by being in the right place at the right time. I don't think they've thought about it at all.

If my daughter's right I should be able to just stand up in front of an audience run around like a complete knob whilst spouting a load of not very funny bo---cks and get very well paid for it.

Hey, that's just given me an idea.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yes, BE was / is a good writer, but he should leave it there. The rest of your post Mess is spot on. 

God yes, I'm a celeb back on last night. Luckily, I'd had a long drive, a big dollop of steak and chips, some wine, and I dozed off. 

Woke up about 10.45 a promptly went to bed ! 

• 4 months later...

So Michael McIntyre thought it was funny to sneak in on Andy Murray and wake him up, pity he didn't jump out of bed and hit him between the eyes. If that is comedy it is news to me, it is people with no talent acting the fool. They say he was a hit in America, they are welcome to him. As soon as he appears on the screen I change channel.

• Like 1

As I do with many of them woody. Over educated talentless egotists. Sadly, the world is full of them !

• Like 1

Didn't watch the Sport Relief shambles as I knew what would be on offer. Self promotion, I,I,I. Me, Me, Me etc.

I ignored the footy...... Who wants to watch a boring friendly.

I had several episodes of Dinnerladies, and Last of the Summer Wine that I always record. 

PROPER comedy, by brilliant writers, and performed by fantastic actors. 

• Like 4

I don't know who this McIntyre is but I can imagine what he is - and that is something I would dislike intensely.

My point in sending this is to remark that, from what I've read, the sum achieved in this Sports Relief shindig (thirty-one million squid) is about the weekly wage of a football player, well, football team then. Why do they have to bore the pants off the British population with their exhibitionism and self-aggrandisement? Just let them dip into their own over-stuffed bank accounts and save the British from terminal ennui.

I have a similar view on that other borathon "dedicated" to children. I'm pleased to say that I can't remember what it is called.

Living down here certainly does have its advantages.

Edit:

I've just seen the Andy Murray stunt online. If I was Murray I would have socked that prat in the gob - good and hard.

• Like 1

I was a huge fan of Bernard Manning. Totally non PC but absolutely hilarious. I'm not racist or anti Semitic (BTW neither was he) but he was very very funny.

Tommy Cooper is up there with the best. His hats routine and brigadier/Fritz one man theatre are masterpieces of comedy. They're both on YouTube and are well worth a look.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

I am unable to understand why anyone would pay £50K for a watch.

Is the time it tells any better quality (or quantity) than the time told by a £10 Casio?

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, radfordred said:

I see owd Michael McIntyre was robbed by hammer wielding thieves on mopeds pinching his 50k watch while he dropped his kids off at school, wonder if they pinched his joke book?  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44364912

I think that's been gone a long time.

31 minutes ago, Mess said:

I see owd Michael McIntyre was robbed by hammer wielding thieves on mopeds pinching his 50k watch while he dropped his kids off at school, wonder if they pinched his joke book?  

Few observations. Pictures show the poor lamb parked (along with the police car) on double yellows. Big black Range Rover cannot deal with a moped? Common sense, that's all. Michael Caine, when he lived in South Stoke, used to drive into Goring in an old Montego Estate, and the most expensive item he ever wore was a battered felt hat. Rolexes should be worn only when your minder is around.

Anyway. I'm off now to take my old Raleigh and my Timex to Wilkos at Clifton. Will keep my eye out for mopeds (might buy a decent watch from them).

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, woody said:

So Michael McIntyre thought it was funny to sneak in on Andy Murray and wake him up, pity he didn't jump out of bed and hit him between the eyes. If that is comedy it is news to me, it is people with no talent acting the fool. They say he was a hit in America, they are welcome to him. As soon as he appears on the screen I change channel.

That must be a misquote. More likely he was hit in America, not A hit in America.