Nottingham....famous for.........

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cycles...cigarettes...hosiery...Potatoes???  

Cheeky!   One has to play 'hard to get'  sometimes - it's expected..

Most of you will have a school photograph, taken by 'H Tempest Ltd'.  Reputed to be the most successful and largest schools' photographers in the country. Although they had offices/photographers all o

By coincidence, that's around the same time that Marshall Tallart - on Castle Gate - introduced celery to this country. Back in those days Nottingham was obviously the gastronomic centre of England.

Now it's McDonalds and Greggs.

• Like 3

He introduced the use of celery Cliff Ton...it was growing wild from the Castle Rock to Lenton Marshes.The English just had no idea it was edible.The same gentleman showed us how to make white bread rolls too.

Prettiest girls in the UK is another claim to fame. Well it certainly was when I was younger, and still applies today !

It has to be sliced thinly for salads, as it can become tiresomely stuck between ones teeth !

21 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

Celery is about the only food I can’t eat, it makes me shiver!

The smell of it always reminds me of walking through the veg stalls in the old Central market,especially those storage areas the stall holders had at the top end of the market

Rog

Likewise ! I wasted my time and money on beer and music !

Seven girls for each available lad - that would mean the girls were all vying for  attention.   I must have been an exception because I never found this to be true...... 

• Like 2

Well I hope she's been civilised by now NBL. I hope you've trained her well !

Keep trying mate, keep trying ! :Friends:

When all you lovely men realise one thing that you can not train a wife. You can explain things show us the right way and if you really are trying  to make a point raise your voice.  You are wasting your time once you have finished pontificating we go away and do it our way the way it was going to be done before you decided to give advice.  Also remember we know what you want/say before you do, we are good like that.  I shall now go and sit in a quiet room with Ben.

• Like 3

Raise my voice.......... My God Gem. I raise it, raise it again, and keep on raising it, but it doesn't seem to work ! 

I raise my eyes to the Almighty, wander off into the garden, then I'm accused of being mardy. I just don't understand it.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, woody said:

They used to say there were seven girls for each lad in Notingham. I would like to know who got my seven.

Think it was me Woody.........don't know where you went wrong.........all you needed was 3/6 for 20 Parkies.....and 1/6 for a Babycham (with Cherry)....i found they loved a smoke.........except the ones that played hard to get from around Woodthorpe.....but they did enjoy riding Pillion on me scooter......:rolleyes:

• Like 3