8 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Glad to hear I’m not the only one on here who doesn’t enjoy cooking .......  The only part of Domestic Science classes at school that I remember is taking my offering home in the gondola basket, that about says it all doesn’t it?!! Such a pain to carry home along with satchel and PE kit.  I only did cooking for one year,  preferring more academic subjects, didn’t do me much good though!

Same as me, Lizzie.... I don't really enjoy cooking.  I remember the basket we carried our cookery stuff in but I also remember it's being raided once by a couple of the lads when we'd made bread rolls.  I remember one week we had to dress a crab!!   That lesson must  have been trying to prepare us for a very different life than I lead!  

I remember the girls at school Lizzie carrying their gondola baskets home after cookery, Joyce Greensmiths i often carried for her,she always gave me a sample,bless her,

Carried her books as well Jill, 

Song there, Carried her books from school,,,frankie Valie? Carnie where are you,:rolleyes:

Phil, that just makes you even more conspicuous. Try old trainers, a shell suit or a hooded top with Everlast or Lonsdale emblazoned across it.

Seriously though, there's always an eclectic mix of customers in the Lidls that I've patronised. Students, millionaires, bed-sit tenants and normal folk such as my good self ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I did cycle down Tolney Lane once. That was in the Great Nottingham Bike Ride a few years ago. The route took us over a footbridge that spanned the non navigable branch of the Trent and took us through Staythorpe Power Station land. I was pleased to get through unscathed and pedalled as fast as I could!

For those who don't know, they drive 4x4's for pleasure and transit  trucks suitable for scrap metal for "work", I think that was a polite way of describing things Phil

Rog

5 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Song there, Carried her books from school,,,frankie Valie? Carnie where are you,:rolleyes:

Playing make-believe you're married to me. You were 5th grade, I was 6th.......................................................:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1